Oommen Chandy rules out cabinet reshuffle
Thiruvananthapuram: Setting at rest speculation of an impending cabinet reshuffle of the UDF ministry which entered its third year in office, Chief Minister Oommen Chandy on Monday made it clear such an exercise was not in the agenda.
Speaking to reporters after meeting KPCC Chief Ramesh Chennithala here, he said a reshuffle was not on the cards now but there was a vacancy following the resignation of K B Ganesh Kumar, a nominee of Kerala Congress (B) who had held the Forest portfolio.
"Ruling UDF will discuss the matter connected with filling the vacancy created by the resignation of Ganesh Kumar and a decision will be taken, Chandy said.
Asked whether Ganesh Kumar, who ran into trouble following a domestic discord, would return as minister, Chandy said it was not discussed during the meeting with Chennithala.
Kumar, the lone KC(B) nominee in the ministry, resigned from the cabinet last month after his wife lodged a police complaint alleging domestic violence against him.
On media reports that Chennithala would join the cabinet with a plum portfolio, Chandy said he had not expressed a wish to do so.
"During the meeting today also, he (Chennithala) did not give any hint to join the ministry, he said adding it was for the KPCC chief to take a decision on that issue.
Chandy said the KPCC President`s post was a bigger position than a cabinet berth. "At no point of time was the matter of reshuffle or Chennithala joining the ministry discussed in the UDF but the media made its own reports," the Chief Minister said.
Ever since UDF came to power in 2011, Chandy had said Chennithala could join the cabinet any time but that it was for him (Chennithala) and the high command to decide.
Congress leaders have clearly indicated that the vacancy left by Kumar should be filled by a Congress nominee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Expect that Rahul will be Congress president in 2015: Jairam Ramesh
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'