Orthodox faction blames UDF Govt on church issue
Kottayam: Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church said
they have serious differences with UDF government over the way
in which the church property dispute with the Jacobite faction
was handled, but said it would not issue any directive in this
regard to members in the Piravom assembly constituency bypoll.
Members have the right to democratically react to express
their sentiments in the bypoll, Malankara Metopolitan Baselius
Mar Thoma Paulose II told reporters here.
He said the church has serious diffrences over the way the
conflict over church property with Jacobite Syrian Christian
church was handled by the government, denying justice to the
He alleged the government was not showing any interest in
finding a solution to the issue though Orthodox church which
has a favourable court directive, had agreed to provide the
Jacobites Rs 2.5 crore to construct a new church and the right
to use the cemetery at St.Peter`s and St.Paul`s church.
"We will continue to protest in a democratic and bloodless
way", he said.
Piravom seat fell vacant following the recent death of
Kerala Congress (Jacob) leader and Civil Supplies minister T M
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof