P Jayarajan approaches HC for bail
Kochi: CPI(M) Kannur District secretary, P Jayarajan, who was arrested last week in connection with the murder of an IUML activist, today approached the Kerala High Court seeking bail.
The First Class Judicial Magistrate in Kannur had on August 4 dismissed his bail plea accepting the prosecution`s contention that releasing him on bail would affect the proceedings in the Abdul Shukkoor murder case.
According to the petitioner, he had not committed any offence as alleged by police.
Justice S S Sateeshchandran adjourned the case for hearing the prosecution.
Jayarajan, a former MLA and a prominent CPI(M) leader from Kannur, had been charged under IPC section 118 (concealing design to commit offence punishable with death or imprisonment for life), in connection with the murder of IUML youth activist Abdul Shukkoor at Keezhara in February this year.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi