P Jayarajan approaches HC for bail
Kochi: CPI(M) Kannur District secretary, P Jayarajan, who was arrested last week in connection with the murder of an IUML activist, today approached the Kerala High Court seeking bail.
The First Class Judicial Magistrate in Kannur had on August 4 dismissed his bail plea accepting the prosecution`s contention that releasing him on bail would affect the proceedings in the Abdul Shukkoor murder case.
According to the petitioner, he had not committed any offence as alleged by police.
Justice S S Sateeshchandran adjourned the case for hearing the prosecution.
Jayarajan, a former MLA and a prominent CPI(M) leader from Kannur, had been charged under IPC section 118 (concealing design to commit offence punishable with death or imprisonment for life), in connection with the murder of IUML youth activist Abdul Shukkoor at Keezhara in February this year.
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on
- Funny video alert! ‘Housefull 3’ trio - Akshay Kumar, Abhishek Bachchan and Riteish Deshmukh - goes crazy
- Check jkbose.co.in for JKBOSE 12th Results 2016: Jammu and Kashmir Board Class 12 results declared
- AgustaWestland VVIP chopper deal: Manohar Parrikar to make statement in Parliament today
- IPL 2016: Unsold at auction, Hashim Amla signed by Kings XI Punjab as replacement for injured Shaun Marsh