P Jayarajan approaches HC for bail
Kochi: CPI(M) Kannur District secretary, P Jayarajan, who was arrested last week in connection with the murder of an IUML activist, today approached the Kerala High Court seeking bail.
The First Class Judicial Magistrate in Kannur had on August 4 dismissed his bail plea accepting the prosecution`s contention that releasing him on bail would affect the proceedings in the Abdul Shukkoor murder case.
According to the petitioner, he had not committed any offence as alleged by police.
Justice S S Sateeshchandran adjourned the case for hearing the prosecution.
Jayarajan, a former MLA and a prominent CPI(M) leader from Kannur, had been charged under IPC section 118 (concealing design to commit offence punishable with death or imprisonment for life), in connection with the murder of IUML youth activist Abdul Shukkoor at Keezhara in February this year.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Strong Indo-US ties to strengthen both economies: White House
- First look of Emraan Hashmi's maiden home production 'Captain Nawab' out! - Pic inside
- Despite public outcry over images of man carrying dead wife, Odisha gives clean chit to hospital
- WOAH! Pakistani journalist silences Piers Morgan after he taunts Indians using Sachin Tendulkar's example
- Bolivia deputy interior minister killed after being kidnapped by miners