P Jayarajan approaches HC for bail
Kochi: CPI(M) Kannur District secretary, P Jayarajan, who was arrested last week in connection with the murder of an IUML activist, today approached the Kerala High Court seeking bail.
The First Class Judicial Magistrate in Kannur had on August 4 dismissed his bail plea accepting the prosecution`s contention that releasing him on bail would affect the proceedings in the Abdul Shukkoor murder case.
According to the petitioner, he had not committed any offence as alleged by police.
Justice S S Sateeshchandran adjourned the case for hearing the prosecution.
Jayarajan, a former MLA and a prominent CPI(M) leader from Kannur, had been charged under IPC section 118 (concealing design to commit offence punishable with death or imprisonment for life), in connection with the murder of IUML youth activist Abdul Shukkoor at Keezhara in February this year.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- PM Modi congratulates Zee News for its efforts to promote energy conservation
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah