PA of Achuthanandan questioned in connection with land
Kozhikode: The Personal Assistant of leader of the opposition VS Achuthanandan was on Saturday questioned by vigilance officials in connection with a probe into alleged irregularities in land allotment to one of the Marxist leader`s relatives during the previous LDF regime.
The case pertains to alleged irregularities in assigning 2.33 acres to one TK Soman, an ex-serviceman and a relative of the former Chief Minister in Kasargod district.
After a preliminary probe, an FIR was registered by the Vigilance and Anti Corruption Bureau in January this year for conducting a detailed probe against Achuthanandan and six others, listed as accused.
Speaking to mediapersons after questioning, A Suresh alleged that the case was fabricated, aimed at tarnishing the image of Achuthanandan, who is fighting corruption.
`Achuthanandan is a top leader in the country, who is waging a war against corruption.... I answered all questions posed by the officials."
On June 23 vigilance officials had taken a statement from Achuthanandan at Thiruvananthapuram in connection with the case.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!