PA of Achuthanandan questioned in connection with land
Kozhikode: The Personal Assistant of leader of the opposition VS Achuthanandan was on Saturday questioned by vigilance officials in connection with a probe into alleged irregularities in land allotment to one of the Marxist leader`s relatives during the previous LDF regime.
The case pertains to alleged irregularities in assigning 2.33 acres to one TK Soman, an ex-serviceman and a relative of the former Chief Minister in Kasargod district.
After a preliminary probe, an FIR was registered by the Vigilance and Anti Corruption Bureau in January this year for conducting a detailed probe against Achuthanandan and six others, listed as accused.
Speaking to mediapersons after questioning, A Suresh alleged that the case was fabricated, aimed at tarnishing the image of Achuthanandan, who is fighting corruption.
`Achuthanandan is a top leader in the country, who is waging a war against corruption.... I answered all questions posed by the officials."
On June 23 vigilance officials had taken a statement from Achuthanandan at Thiruvananthapuram in connection with the case.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...