‘Padmanabha temple has connection with Nepal’
Thiruvananthapuram: The ongoing "Deva Prasnam"
at Padmanabhaswamy temple to ascertain the divine will through
astrological examination,revealed that the shrine has some
integral connections with Nepal as `salagramam` stones from
Ghandaki river were used to make the presiding deity`s idol.
The Travancore royal house, for which Sree Padmanabha is
the family deity, has also associations with the Pasupathinath
temple and the erstwhile Nepal royal family.
"In the past some rituals used to be conducted in the
temple to commemorate this association. But over the years
these ceremonies have not been performed resulting in
displeasure of the Lord," the main astrologer of the panel
Madhur Narayana Ranga Bhat told reporters.
The ritual had yesterday found that the huge riches kept
in the shrine`s vaults should not be moved out or alienated.
The astrologers had also found there were theft threats to
the temple wealth, signalling the need for further increasing
The exercise also cautioned against opening one of the yet
to be examined vaults as it is below the sanctum sanatorium,
where the idol of Lord Vishnu in reclining posture stands,Bhat
Meanwhile,the five-member committee appointed by the Supreme
Court to scientifically evaluate the treasures met here and
decided to wait till the `devaprasnam` was over.
"We will wait till the devaprasnam is concluded before
taking further steps on the task entrusted on us by the
Supreme Court", National Museum Director C V Ananda Bose, who
is heading the panel, said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur