Pakistan has become a Jurassic park: Katju
Thiruvananthapuram: PCI chief Markandey Katju on Monday likened Pakistan to Jurassic Park, saying violence and deaths are being reported everyday due to inherent faults in that country`s formation.
Delivering the second Rajiv Gandhi memorial lecture organised by the Institute of Parliamentary Affairs here, he said the commotion in that country was the natural consequence of setting up a theocratic state.
"You cannot create a state on the basis of religion in the sub-continent which is full of diversities," he said.
Speaking on the topic `What is India`, Katju, whose article `Truth about Pakistan` was recently published by `The Nation` in Pakistan, said Partition was a mistake and a combined nation comprising India and Pakistan that would not tolerate religious bigotry and Hindu and Muslim extremism, would become a reality some day in future.
He said Partition had sown the seeds of the destruction of Pakistan as a nation.
He also said India was passing through a period of transition from feudal agricultural society to modern industrial society.
"The transition is a very painful and agonising period in our history. It is the duty of all patriotic people to spread rational and scientific ideas in this period to combat casteism, communalism and superstitions," he said.
- Housing demand may pick up in next six months: Knight Frank
- Bizarre: This London restaurant promotes nudism; you can eat your meals here fully naked!
- Tata Group mulling over plan to launch wearables for yoga practioners, factory workers
- JNU sends show-cause to Umar for movie screening last year
- A vitamin that can decelerate ageing process!