Panel set up to evaluate Kerala temple treasures meets
Thiruvananthapuram: The five-member expert committee constituted by the Supreme Court to scientifically evaluate the treasures found in vaults of Sree Padmanabhaswamy
temple on Monday met to evolve strategies for the preservation of articles.
The panel headed by senior bureaucrat and Director General
of National Museum CV Ananda Bose held a meeting to evolve a
work plan to go about the job as mandated by the apex court,
official sources said.
The committee, however, did not begin videographing and
photographing of treasures, as directed by the court.
Other members of the panel are RBI nominee Vikas Sarma,
archaeologist Dr MV Nair, Archaeological Survey Of India`s
nominee BV Raju and temple executive officer VK Harikumar.
The meeting reviewed the work already done by seven-member
committee which had opened four of the six inner chambers and
inventoried the articles.
The inventory panel, which included two former judges of
the Kerala High Court, had opened four vaults, which were
found to contain a glittering pile of priceless treasures like
gold jewels, stone-studded crowns, rare idols, rubies,
diamonds, piles of gold coins and stacks of gold and silver
ware, reportedly worth over Rs 1.5 lakh crore.
A division bench of the Supreme Court comprising Justice RV Raveendran and AK Patnaik, had on July 21 ordered the formation of the panel to supervise the unearthing and preservation of the assets.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi