Parents leave infant locked up at home
Idukki: In a shocking incident, parents of a six-month-old baby girl have been allegedly leaving her alone in their house when they leave for work in a plantation here.
The malnourished child, weighing about 3 kg, was rescued on Saturday by child helpline and police after local Anganwadi workers informed them about its plight, police said.
The baby has been handed over to a nearby orphanage.
The girl`s parents, who are poor plantation workers, used to lock up the child alone while going out for work. The couple have two other children aged four and three, who go to school.
The police have not registered a case against the parents.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you