Parents leave infant locked up at home
Idukki: In a shocking incident, parents of a six-month-old baby girl have been allegedly leaving her alone in their house when they leave for work in a plantation here.
The malnourished child, weighing about 3 kg, was rescued on Saturday by child helpline and police after local Anganwadi workers informed them about its plight, police said.
The baby has been handed over to a nearby orphanage.
The girl`s parents, who are poor plantation workers, used to lock up the child alone while going out for work. The couple have two other children aged four and three, who go to school.
The police have not registered a case against the parents.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- NIA busts ISIS module in Hyderabad; 11 arrested
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Karunanidhi trains guns on TN police following techie's murder
- Top reasons to watch Harshvardhan Kapoor's 'Mirzya'!
- 'Game of Thrones' will have shorter final seasons
- Now Banks, malls, shops can remain open 24X7; cabinet clears Model Shop & Establishment Act
- This is what a Pakistani thinks why cow is sacred for Hindus - Watch