Parents leave infant locked up at home
Idukki: In a shocking incident, parents of a six-month-old baby girl have been allegedly leaving her alone in their house when they leave for work in a plantation here.
The malnourished child, weighing about 3 kg, was rescued on Saturday by child helpline and police after local Anganwadi workers informed them about its plight, police said.
The baby has been handed over to a nearby orphanage.
The girl`s parents, who are poor plantation workers, used to lock up the child alone while going out for work. The couple have two other children aged four and three, who go to school.
The police have not registered a case against the parents.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back