Passenger pushed out of moving train for trying to save woman
Thrissur: In a shocking incident, a man travelling by Malabar Express was seriously injured when he was thrown out of the moving train by four inebriated men, believed to be migrant workers, when he tried to stop them from molesting a co-passenger.
The 28-year-old man was found unconscious on the tracks at nearby Cheruthurthy on Wednesday in the morning by locals, who rushed him to a nearby hospital. He was later shifted to Thrissur medical college hospital.
Dr Balagopal, the medical superintendent, told a news agency that the patient`s condition was now `stable`. Both his hands have been amputated and he sustained minor head injuries.
A case has been registered against the unidentified men under IPC Sections 326 (voluntarily causing grievous hurt by dangerous weapons or means), 341 (punishment for wrongful restraint) and 34 (acts done by several persons in furtherance of common intention).
The Government Railway police will probe the case.
The incident, which occurred in the General compartment of the Thiruvananthapuram-Mangalore Malabar Express, came to light after the man regained consciousness last night.
As per the victim`s preliminary statement, he boarded the train at Aluva to go to Kollur Mookambika temple in Mangalore.
He found the four inebriated men misbehaving with a woman. When he objected they left, but returned after some time, beat him up and threw him out of the compartment when the train reached Cheruthurthy early yesterday.
The man, hailing from Idukki, works in an Event Management company.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark