Passenger pushed out of moving train for trying to save woman
Thrissur: In a shocking incident, a man travelling by Malabar Express was seriously injured when he was thrown out of the moving train by four inebriated men, believed to be migrant workers, when he tried to stop them from molesting a co-passenger.
The 28-year-old man was found unconscious on the tracks at nearby Cheruthurthy on Wednesday in the morning by locals, who rushed him to a nearby hospital. He was later shifted to Thrissur medical college hospital.
Dr Balagopal, the medical superintendent, told a news agency that the patient`s condition was now `stable`. Both his hands have been amputated and he sustained minor head injuries.
A case has been registered against the unidentified men under IPC Sections 326 (voluntarily causing grievous hurt by dangerous weapons or means), 341 (punishment for wrongful restraint) and 34 (acts done by several persons in furtherance of common intention).
The Government Railway police will probe the case.
The incident, which occurred in the General compartment of the Thiruvananthapuram-Mangalore Malabar Express, came to light after the man regained consciousness last night.
As per the victim`s preliminary statement, he boarded the train at Aluva to go to Kollur Mookambika temple in Mangalore.
He found the four inebriated men misbehaving with a woman. When he objected they left, but returned after some time, beat him up and threw him out of the compartment when the train reached Cheruthurthy early yesterday.
The man, hailing from Idukki, works in an Event Management company.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown