Passenger pushed out of moving train for trying to save woman
Thrissur: In a shocking incident, a man travelling by Malabar Express was seriously injured when he was thrown out of the moving train by four inebriated men, believed to be migrant workers, when he tried to stop them from molesting a co-passenger.
The 28-year-old man was found unconscious on the tracks at nearby Cheruthurthy on Wednesday in the morning by locals, who rushed him to a nearby hospital. He was later shifted to Thrissur medical college hospital.
Dr Balagopal, the medical superintendent, told a news agency that the patient`s condition was now `stable`. Both his hands have been amputated and he sustained minor head injuries.
A case has been registered against the unidentified men under IPC Sections 326 (voluntarily causing grievous hurt by dangerous weapons or means), 341 (punishment for wrongful restraint) and 34 (acts done by several persons in furtherance of common intention).
The Government Railway police will probe the case.
The incident, which occurred in the General compartment of the Thiruvananthapuram-Mangalore Malabar Express, came to light after the man regained consciousness last night.
As per the victim`s preliminary statement, he boarded the train at Aluva to go to Kollur Mookambika temple in Mangalore.
He found the four inebriated men misbehaving with a woman. When he objected they left, but returned after some time, beat him up and threw him out of the compartment when the train reached Cheruthurthy early yesterday.
The man, hailing from Idukki, works in an Event Management company.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Sonia Gandhi answer RSS's claim of igniting riots in the country?
- DNA: Only 4% of Indian polpulation pays income tax
- Police arrest person accused of abducting woman in Bengaluru
- Scientists find three Earth-sized planets orbiting dwarf star
- Kerala: Dalit law student brutally raped, murdered in Ernakulam
- Radiotherapy can affect lung cancer patients adversely
- Coolpad announces a price cut on Note 3 smartphone in India
- MNS chief Raj Thackeray asks Maharashtra CM Fadnavis to quit for supporting Vidarbha
- Horror! In chilling reminder of Delhi gang-rape, woman in Kerala brutally raped, intestines pulled out
- Cong accuses PM Modi of doctoring birth details, education info; threatens to expose facts