Passenger pushed out of moving train for trying to save woman
Thrissur: In a shocking incident, a man travelling by Malabar Express was seriously injured when he was thrown out of the moving train by four inebriated men, believed to be migrant workers, when he tried to stop them from molesting a co-passenger.
The 28-year-old man was found unconscious on the tracks at nearby Cheruthurthy on Wednesday in the morning by locals, who rushed him to a nearby hospital. He was later shifted to Thrissur medical college hospital.
Dr Balagopal, the medical superintendent, told a news agency that the patient`s condition was now `stable`. Both his hands have been amputated and he sustained minor head injuries.
A case has been registered against the unidentified men under IPC Sections 326 (voluntarily causing grievous hurt by dangerous weapons or means), 341 (punishment for wrongful restraint) and 34 (acts done by several persons in furtherance of common intention).
The Government Railway police will probe the case.
The incident, which occurred in the General compartment of the Thiruvananthapuram-Mangalore Malabar Express, came to light after the man regained consciousness last night.
As per the victim`s preliminary statement, he boarded the train at Aluva to go to Kollur Mookambika temple in Mangalore.
He found the four inebriated men misbehaving with a woman. When he objected they left, but returned after some time, beat him up and threw him out of the compartment when the train reached Cheruthurthy early yesterday.
The man, hailing from Idukki, works in an Event Management company.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America