Passengers harassed as AI flight delays departure
Thiruvananthapuram: A Doha-bound Air India flight`s departure here has been inordinately delayed due to "operational reasons" causing harassment to 160 passengers.
Several passengers who are migrant workers said it was for them important to reach workplaces in time.
"Majority of passengers booked for the flight were migrant workers in the Gulf. They might even lose the job if they fail to get to their workplace in time", one of the passengers said.
The flight which was to have taken off at 8.45 pm last night was delayed is expected to take off this afternoon, airline officials said, adding the stranded passengers were accommodated in hotels.
Some of the passengers complained that they were caught unawares by the delay and the airline officials did not give them any convincing reason for it or specify the exact time when the flight would take off.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know