Passengers harassed as AI flight delays departure
Thiruvananthapuram: A Doha-bound Air India flight`s departure here has been inordinately delayed due to "operational reasons" causing harassment to 160 passengers.
Several passengers who are migrant workers said it was for them important to reach workplaces in time.
"Majority of passengers booked for the flight were migrant workers in the Gulf. They might even lose the job if they fail to get to their workplace in time", one of the passengers said.
The flight which was to have taken off at 8.45 pm last night was delayed is expected to take off this afternoon, airline officials said, adding the stranded passengers were accommodated in hotels.
Some of the passengers complained that they were caught unawares by the delay and the airline officials did not give them any convincing reason for it or specify the exact time when the flight would take off.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part II
- Sanjay Bangar, Abhay Sharma named as support staff to Indian cricket coach Anil Kumble
- Russia, regime strikes kill 47 in east Syria: Monitor
- Tamil Nadu Congress chief Elangovan quits
- Irish unity vote for later, not now: Foreign minister
- Want to send your own experiments into space? This tiny satellite will help you!- Watch