Passengers harassed as AI flight delays departure
Thiruvananthapuram: A Doha-bound Air India flight`s departure here has been inordinately delayed due to "operational reasons" causing harassment to 160 passengers.
Several passengers who are migrant workers said it was for them important to reach workplaces in time.
"Majority of passengers booked for the flight were migrant workers in the Gulf. They might even lose the job if they fail to get to their workplace in time", one of the passengers said.
The flight which was to have taken off at 8.45 pm last night was delayed is expected to take off this afternoon, airline officials said, adding the stranded passengers were accommodated in hotels.
Some of the passengers complained that they were caught unawares by the delay and the airline officials did not give them any convincing reason for it or specify the exact time when the flight would take off.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'