Passengers harassed as AI flight delays departure
Thiruvananthapuram: A Doha-bound Air India flight`s departure here has been inordinately delayed due to "operational reasons" causing harassment to 160 passengers.
Several passengers who are migrant workers said it was for them important to reach workplaces in time.
"Majority of passengers booked for the flight were migrant workers in the Gulf. They might even lose the job if they fail to get to their workplace in time", one of the passengers said.
The flight which was to have taken off at 8.45 pm last night was delayed is expected to take off this afternoon, airline officials said, adding the stranded passengers were accommodated in hotels.
Some of the passengers complained that they were caught unawares by the delay and the airline officials did not give them any convincing reason for it or specify the exact time when the flight would take off.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Indrani Mukerjea's statement on suspected drug overdose recorded
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka