Patna HC ex-CJ to be Kerala Rights Panel Chairman
Thiruvananthapuram: Former Chief Justice of
Patna High Court, Justice Benjamin Koshy, is tipped to
become Chairman of the Kerala State Human Rights Commission.
Justice Koshy`s name has been recommended to Governor
R S Gavai unanimously by the selection panel, comprising
Chief Minister Oommen Chandy, Opposition Leader V S
Achuthanandan and state Assembly Speaker G Karthikeyan, a
spokesman of the Chief Minister`s office said.
Justice Koshi will replace Justice N Dhinakaran whose term
as Chairman of SHRC has expired.
Hailing from Aranumla in Pathanamthitta district, Justice
Koshy had served as a Judge in Kerala High Court before
becoming Chief Justice of Patna High Court.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note