Patna HC ex-CJ to be Kerala Rights Panel Chairman
Thiruvananthapuram: Former Chief Justice of
Patna High Court, Justice Benjamin Koshy, is tipped to
become Chairman of the Kerala State Human Rights Commission.
Justice Koshy`s name has been recommended to Governor
R S Gavai unanimously by the selection panel, comprising
Chief Minister Oommen Chandy, Opposition Leader V S
Achuthanandan and state Assembly Speaker G Karthikeyan, a
spokesman of the Chief Minister`s office said.
Justice Koshi will replace Justice N Dhinakaran whose term
as Chairman of SHRC has expired.
Hailing from Aranumla in Pathanamthitta district, Justice
Koshy had served as a Judge in Kerala High Court before
becoming Chief Justice of Patna High Court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!
- After Azhar, Harbhajan Singh visits Navjot Singh Sidhu in hospital!