Paul George murder: Police files charge sheet
Alappuzha (Kerala): A charge sheet was on Thursday
filed in connection with the murder of businessman Paul
Muthoot George, which named 25 persons as accused -- most of
them members of a criminal gang.
The Special Investigation Team filed the 124-page charge
sheet before First Class Judicial Magistrate Court at
Ramankari near here.
The charge sheet listed as the first accused
Jayachandran, head of the gang, and Kari Satheesh who
allegedly fatally stabbed Paul, as the second accused.
Omprakash and Putenpalam Rajesh, alleged criminals, who
had travelled with Paul in his car on the day he was murdered,
were listed as the 24th and 25th accused.
The first three accused have been slapped with charge of
murder (IPC 302), and others on different counts including
destruction of evidence.
Paul (32), Executive Director of Muthoot Group
(Hospitality Management) was found murdered at Pallathurithy
on Changanassery-Alappuzha road on August 21.
The police version was that the gang, used for carrying
out criminal operations for money, was on its way to Alappuzha
when they came face-to-face with Paul. On a sudden provocation
following heated exchange between them, a gang member stabbed
Paul to death.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!