Paul George murder: Police files charge sheet
Alappuzha (Kerala): A charge sheet was on Thursday
filed in connection with the murder of businessman Paul
Muthoot George, which named 25 persons as accused -- most of
them members of a criminal gang.
The Special Investigation Team filed the 124-page charge
sheet before First Class Judicial Magistrate Court at
Ramankari near here.
The charge sheet listed as the first accused
Jayachandran, head of the gang, and Kari Satheesh who
allegedly fatally stabbed Paul, as the second accused.
Omprakash and Putenpalam Rajesh, alleged criminals, who
had travelled with Paul in his car on the day he was murdered,
were listed as the 24th and 25th accused.
The first three accused have been slapped with charge of
murder (IPC 302), and others on different counts including
destruction of evidence.
Paul (32), Executive Director of Muthoot Group
(Hospitality Management) was found murdered at Pallathurithy
on Changanassery-Alappuzha road on August 21.
The police version was that the gang, used for carrying
out criminal operations for money, was on its way to Alappuzha
when they came face-to-face with Paul. On a sudden provocation
following heated exchange between them, a gang member stabbed
Paul to death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him