PC Vishnunath elected Kerala Youth Cong president
Kochi: In a keen battle, P C Vishnunath, MLA, was on Tuesday elected Kerala state president of the youth Congress, defeating former youth congress state chief M Liju.
Vishnunath, a close follower of opposition leader Oommen Chandy, secured 113 more votes than Liju, widely seen as a protege of KPCC president Ramesh Chennithala.
A total of 1375 voters, out of 1710 members from different blocks who form the electoral college, turned up for the election held here, Youth Congress sources said.
As per the organisational election norms set by AICC general secretary Rahul Gandhi, Liju would automatically become the vice-president of the state unit of the youth outfit as the candidate who finished the second.
A former president of the party`s student wing Kerala Students Union, Viswanath represents Chengannur segment in the Kerala assembly. He had resigned as national secretary of the Youth Congress to contest for the state post.
Elections to the posts of general secretaries were also held.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Cow slaughter should be banned across the country; Muslims should stop eating meat: Azam Khan
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!