PDP tries to raise Gaza issue in Lok Sabha
New Delhi: People`s Democratic Party (PDP) Friday tried to raise in the Lok Sabha the issue of Gaza violence but was denied permission.
As soon as the House met for the day, PDP leader Mehbooba Mufti raised the issue and wanted a discussion.
However, Speaker Sumitra Mahajan refused to entertain her saying that issues cannot be raised without proper notice and that the Question Hour should be allowed to take place.
"Issues can`t be raised like this. There is no notice for this," Mahajan said while taking up the Question Hour.
An agitated Mufti, supported by her colleague Tariq Hameed Karra, vociferously pressed her demand.
As her demand went unheeded, she staged a walkout along with Karra.
The issue of violence in Gaza is being raised in Parliament for the last four days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- The latest about Ranbir Kapoor and Katrina Kaif will surprise you!
- Man killed, three hurt in shooting at New York rap concert
- Indian-American appointed to Democratic party's policy panel
- Look who photo-bombed when Akshay Kumar, Abhishek Bachchan and Riteish Deshmukh were in a bathtub
- 'Phobia 2' to explore fear of flying?