PDP tries to raise Gaza issue in Lok Sabha
New Delhi: People`s Democratic Party (PDP) Friday tried to raise in the Lok Sabha the issue of Gaza violence but was denied permission.
As soon as the House met for the day, PDP leader Mehbooba Mufti raised the issue and wanted a discussion.
However, Speaker Sumitra Mahajan refused to entertain her saying that issues cannot be raised without proper notice and that the Question Hour should be allowed to take place.
"Issues can`t be raised like this. There is no notice for this," Mahajan said while taking up the Question Hour.
An agitated Mufti, supported by her colleague Tariq Hameed Karra, vociferously pressed her demand.
As her demand went unheeded, she staged a walkout along with Karra.
The issue of violence in Gaza is being raised in Parliament for the last four days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves