PDP urges Kerala CM`s intervention to ensure medicare of Madani
Thiruvananthapuram: A day after the arrest of
their supremeo Abdul Nasser Madai, PDP leadership today urged
the Centre and Kerala government to ensure that their
leader received proper health care in Karnataka.
"Our plea to Chief Minister V S Achuthanandan is that
he should urgently take up this matter with the Karnataka
Government", PDP working Chairman Poonthura Siraj told a
press meet here.
He said the Centre should also intervene in the matter
and ensure that Madani received humanitarian consideration
as the reports coming from Karnataka, to where he was taken,
caused anxiety, he said.
He said the party was not asking the government to intervene
in the merit of the case charged against Madani as PDP was
confident that his innocence would be proved in the court.
Siraj said the medical team that examined Madani the
day before his arrest had suggested in their report that
his health was poor and he required hospitalisation.
The PDP leader alleged the Karnataka police did not adhere
the norms to be followed during the arrest.
His health condition was not taken into account .He should
have been not produced before a nearest magistrate in such a
circumstances proper medical care provided. Instead, he was
brought to the state capital by road and then flown to
Bangalore after several hours wait in the airport, Siraj
He said the party`s leaders would meet next week and decide
on the protest programmes. However, the protests would be
organised in a democratic and peaceful manner without creating
any sort of divisions in the society, he added.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Rajnath Singh to arrive in trouble-torn Kashmir on Saturday
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise
- German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at Munich shopping mall; police say he acted alone