People of Kerala are with UDF: Oommen Chandy
Kozhikode: Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy today said the the Lok Sabha polls has "proved" that the people are with the Congress led United Democratic Front in Kerala. Speaking at the `elaborate meeting` of President, Vice Presidents and Chairman of local bodies and KPCC office bearers of northern districts of Kasargod, Kannur, Wayanad, Malappuram and Kozhikode, he said that `the just concluded Lok Sabha election has proved that people are with the Congress and UDF`.
Chandy said that the state government was planning to implement a new housing scheme for the poor people. The draft for the project was being prepared, he said.
Chandy said that three plants for the disposal of waste by using most modern technology would be started in Thiruvananthapuram.
Presiding over the function KPCC President V M Sudheeran urged peoples representatives and party workers to specially concentrate in eradicating liquor and drug menace in the society.
Among those attended includes KPCC General Secretary P M Suresh Babu, UDF Convenor P P Thankachan, Kerala ministers K C Joseph and A P Anilkumar and former Union Minister Mullappally Ramachandran.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- 7th Pay Commission: Even ‘good performance’ not good enough for salary hike, promotion
- Busy bee Nargis Fakhri dusts down rumours, looking forward to promote 'Banjo'!
- Pakistan's Hafiz Saeed managed the ISIS attack in Kabul that killed 80 people?
- The list of top 10 most valuable football clubs is out – See here!
- Watch Video: BlackBerry DTEK50, the world's most secured Android smartphone