People of Kerala are with UDF: Oommen Chandy
Kozhikode: Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy today said the the Lok Sabha polls has "proved" that the people are with the Congress led United Democratic Front in Kerala. Speaking at the `elaborate meeting` of President, Vice Presidents and Chairman of local bodies and KPCC office bearers of northern districts of Kasargod, Kannur, Wayanad, Malappuram and Kozhikode, he said that `the just concluded Lok Sabha election has proved that people are with the Congress and UDF`.
Chandy said that the state government was planning to implement a new housing scheme for the poor people. The draft for the project was being prepared, he said.
Chandy said that three plants for the disposal of waste by using most modern technology would be started in Thiruvananthapuram.
Presiding over the function KPCC President V M Sudheeran urged peoples representatives and party workers to specially concentrate in eradicating liquor and drug menace in the society.
Among those attended includes KPCC General Secretary P M Suresh Babu, UDF Convenor P P Thankachan, Kerala ministers K C Joseph and A P Anilkumar and former Union Minister Mullappally Ramachandran.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption