People of Kerala are with UDF: Oommen Chandy
Kozhikode: Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy today said the the Lok Sabha polls has "proved" that the people are with the Congress led United Democratic Front in Kerala. Speaking at the `elaborate meeting` of President, Vice Presidents and Chairman of local bodies and KPCC office bearers of northern districts of Kasargod, Kannur, Wayanad, Malappuram and Kozhikode, he said that `the just concluded Lok Sabha election has proved that people are with the Congress and UDF`.
Chandy said that the state government was planning to implement a new housing scheme for the poor people. The draft for the project was being prepared, he said.
Chandy said that three plants for the disposal of waste by using most modern technology would be started in Thiruvananthapuram.
Presiding over the function KPCC President V M Sudheeran urged peoples representatives and party workers to specially concentrate in eradicating liquor and drug menace in the society.
Among those attended includes KPCC General Secretary P M Suresh Babu, UDF Convenor P P Thankachan, Kerala ministers K C Joseph and A P Anilkumar and former Union Minister Mullappally Ramachandran.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Day/Night Test: Cricketers mock DRS, Nigel Llong decision on Nathan Lyon howler