People of Kerala are with UDF: Oommen Chandy
Kozhikode: Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy today said the the Lok Sabha polls has "proved" that the people are with the Congress led United Democratic Front in Kerala. Speaking at the `elaborate meeting` of President, Vice Presidents and Chairman of local bodies and KPCC office bearers of northern districts of Kasargod, Kannur, Wayanad, Malappuram and Kozhikode, he said that `the just concluded Lok Sabha election has proved that people are with the Congress and UDF`.
Chandy said that the state government was planning to implement a new housing scheme for the poor people. The draft for the project was being prepared, he said.
Chandy said that three plants for the disposal of waste by using most modern technology would be started in Thiruvananthapuram.
Presiding over the function KPCC President V M Sudheeran urged peoples representatives and party workers to specially concentrate in eradicating liquor and drug menace in the society.
Among those attended includes KPCC General Secretary P M Suresh Babu, UDF Convenor P P Thankachan, Kerala ministers K C Joseph and A P Anilkumar and former Union Minister Mullappally Ramachandran.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore