Personal criticism against judges a `dangerous signal`: Kerala CJ
Kochi: Kerala High Court Chief Justice J
Chalameswar today observed that the tendency to make personal
criticism against judges by various quarters was not good to
society and was a "dangerous signal" against the institution.
In his oral observations, Justice Chalameswar said he was
personally disturbed in the present scenario, adding "attack
on institutions is dangerous".
The Judge asked Advocate General C P Sudhakara Prasad to
bestow his personal attention on the matter, and the latter
assured the court that he will convey the message to the
The Chief justice also expressed anguish over the
attitude of the media in repeatedly publishing the
`derogatory` statements against the judges.
The observations came when the court was considering a
petition seeking police protection to conduct marriage on July
five, when a nation wide stir has been called by the left and
other parties on fuel price hike.
The court`s observations assume significance against the
background of CPI-M state committee member M V Jayarajan
making alleged unsavoury remarks against judges over the June
23 order banning roadside public meetings.
The Court is also hearing a petition filed by an NGO
seeking initiation of contempt of court proceedings against
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India