Personal criticism against judges a `dangerous signal`: Kerala CJ
Kochi: Kerala High Court Chief Justice J
Chalameswar today observed that the tendency to make personal
criticism against judges by various quarters was not good to
society and was a "dangerous signal" against the institution.
In his oral observations, Justice Chalameswar said he was
personally disturbed in the present scenario, adding "attack
on institutions is dangerous".
The Judge asked Advocate General C P Sudhakara Prasad to
bestow his personal attention on the matter, and the latter
assured the court that he will convey the message to the
The Chief justice also expressed anguish over the
attitude of the media in repeatedly publishing the
`derogatory` statements against the judges.
The observations came when the court was considering a
petition seeking police protection to conduct marriage on July
five, when a nation wide stir has been called by the left and
other parties on fuel price hike.
The court`s observations assume significance against the
background of CPI-M state committee member M V Jayarajan
making alleged unsavoury remarks against judges over the June
23 order banning roadside public meetings.
The Court is also hearing a petition filed by an NGO
seeking initiation of contempt of court proceedings against
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?