Personal criticism against judges a `dangerous signal`: Kerala CJ
Kochi: Kerala High Court Chief Justice J
Chalameswar today observed that the tendency to make personal
criticism against judges by various quarters was not good to
society and was a "dangerous signal" against the institution.
In his oral observations, Justice Chalameswar said he was
personally disturbed in the present scenario, adding "attack
on institutions is dangerous".
The Judge asked Advocate General C P Sudhakara Prasad to
bestow his personal attention on the matter, and the latter
assured the court that he will convey the message to the
The Chief justice also expressed anguish over the
attitude of the media in repeatedly publishing the
`derogatory` statements against the judges.
The observations came when the court was considering a
petition seeking police protection to conduct marriage on July
five, when a nation wide stir has been called by the left and
other parties on fuel price hike.
The court`s observations assume significance against the
background of CPI-M state committee member M V Jayarajan
making alleged unsavoury remarks against judges over the June
23 order banning roadside public meetings.
The Court is also hearing a petition filed by an NGO
seeking initiation of contempt of court proceedings against
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- At 500 kilograms, is this 36-year-old the world's heaviest woman?
- Crisis in Samajwadi Party: 'Helicopter kya tumhare baap ka hai?' - Why Shivpal Yadav asked this to a man in audience
- Akhilesh Yadav's big revelation - 'Amar Singh said something big will happen in October in Samajwadi Party'