Personal criticism against judges a `dangerous signal`: Kerala CJ
Kochi: Kerala High Court Chief Justice J
Chalameswar today observed that the tendency to make personal
criticism against judges by various quarters was not good to
society and was a "dangerous signal" against the institution.
In his oral observations, Justice Chalameswar said he was
personally disturbed in the present scenario, adding "attack
on institutions is dangerous".
The Judge asked Advocate General C P Sudhakara Prasad to
bestow his personal attention on the matter, and the latter
assured the court that he will convey the message to the
The Chief justice also expressed anguish over the
attitude of the media in repeatedly publishing the
`derogatory` statements against the judges.
The observations came when the court was considering a
petition seeking police protection to conduct marriage on July
five, when a nation wide stir has been called by the left and
other parties on fuel price hike.
The court`s observations assume significance against the
background of CPI-M state committee member M V Jayarajan
making alleged unsavoury remarks against judges over the June
23 order banning roadside public meetings.
The Court is also hearing a petition filed by an NGO
seeking initiation of contempt of court proceedings against
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike