Petition against Kerala CM dismissed
Thiruvananthapuram: A local court here on Monday dismissed a private petition seeking probe into the charge
against Kerala Chief Minister V S Achuthanandan that he had
sought to influence the judicial commission that probed the
Kalluvathukkal hooch tragedy in 2000.
The Chief Judicial Magistrate Cheriyan Varghese dismissed
the plea on the ground that a private petitioner could not
seek action on an issue concerning a judicial commission.
The petitioner, Shahul Hameed, had sought investigation
against Achuthanandan based on the `revelations` made by
CPI-M`s former Kannur district secretary P Sasi, in a letter
to the party`s state secretary Pinarayi Vijayan, that was
carried by the media.
Sasi, who was removed from the party post a few months
back after facing certain organisational charges, had claimed
in his letter that Achuthanandan had sought to influence the
judicial commission that probed the hooch tragedy that calimed
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Islamic State 'poster girl' beaten to death by jihadists