Petition against Kerala CM dismissed
Thiruvananthapuram: A local court here on Monday dismissed a private petition seeking probe into the charge
against Kerala Chief Minister V S Achuthanandan that he had
sought to influence the judicial commission that probed the
Kalluvathukkal hooch tragedy in 2000.
The Chief Judicial Magistrate Cheriyan Varghese dismissed
the plea on the ground that a private petitioner could not
seek action on an issue concerning a judicial commission.
The petitioner, Shahul Hameed, had sought investigation
against Achuthanandan based on the `revelations` made by
CPI-M`s former Kannur district secretary P Sasi, in a letter
to the party`s state secretary Pinarayi Vijayan, that was
carried by the media.
Sasi, who was removed from the party post a few months
back after facing certain organisational charges, had claimed
in his letter that Achuthanandan had sought to influence the
judicial commission that probed the hooch tragedy that calimed
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?