Petition against Kerala CM dismissed
Thiruvananthapuram: A local court here on Monday dismissed a private petition seeking probe into the charge
against Kerala Chief Minister V S Achuthanandan that he had
sought to influence the judicial commission that probed the
Kalluvathukkal hooch tragedy in 2000.
The Chief Judicial Magistrate Cheriyan Varghese dismissed
the plea on the ground that a private petitioner could not
seek action on an issue concerning a judicial commission.
The petitioner, Shahul Hameed, had sought investigation
against Achuthanandan based on the `revelations` made by
CPI-M`s former Kannur district secretary P Sasi, in a letter
to the party`s state secretary Pinarayi Vijayan, that was
carried by the media.
Sasi, who was removed from the party post a few months
back after facing certain organisational charges, had claimed
in his letter that Achuthanandan had sought to influence the
judicial commission that probed the hooch tragedy that calimed
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed