Petition against Kerala CM dismissed
Thiruvananthapuram: A local court here on Monday dismissed a private petition seeking probe into the charge
against Kerala Chief Minister V S Achuthanandan that he had
sought to influence the judicial commission that probed the
Kalluvathukkal hooch tragedy in 2000.
The Chief Judicial Magistrate Cheriyan Varghese dismissed
the plea on the ground that a private petitioner could not
seek action on an issue concerning a judicial commission.
The petitioner, Shahul Hameed, had sought investigation
against Achuthanandan based on the `revelations` made by
CPI-M`s former Kannur district secretary P Sasi, in a letter
to the party`s state secretary Pinarayi Vijayan, that was
carried by the media.
Sasi, who was removed from the party post a few months
back after facing certain organisational charges, had claimed
in his letter that Achuthanandan had sought to influence the
judicial commission that probed the hooch tragedy that calimed
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days