Petition against KGB`s relatives posted to Feb 28
Thrissur: A Petition, seeking probe into
the allegations of ammassment of wealth by relatives of former
CJI KG Balakrishnan, was on Friday posted to Feb 28 by a court
here for a detailed hearing.
When the case came up on Friday before the V Ramkumar, Enquiry
commissiner and Special Judge (Vigilance), the petitioner,
George Vattukulam, state president of the Kerala malayala
vedi, sought time to produce more evidence to substantiate the
allegations against the relatives of justice Balakrishnan.
Following the plea, the case was posted for a detailed
hearing and production of more evidence to Feb 28.
Vattukulam had filed a complaint alleging that
Balakrishnan`s brother, KG Bhaskaran, former special
government pleader in kerala high court and his two
sons-in-laws, PV Sreenijan and MA Benny had amassed wealth
disproportionate to their known sources of income and a probe
should be launched against them.
Following media reports that Sreenijan, an advocate and
former youth congress leader had purchased various properties
and amassed wealth beyond his known sources of income, he
resigned from the party. Bhaskaran also resigned following
intense media heat over the allegations. He was asked by
Advocate General, C P Sudhakara Prasad to resign or demit
office. The reports had also alleged that Benny had purchased
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal