Petition of Madani`s relative dismissed
Kollam: A local court here has dismissed a petition filed by a relative of PDP leader Abdul Nasser Madani alleging that the Karnataka police had not adhered to procedures during the arrest of Madani in connection with the Bangalore blasts case.
Kollam Chief Judicial Magistrate Soundaresh dismissed the petition by Abdul Salam, a relative of Madani, against Bangalore city assistant police commissioner Omkaraiah and Kollam SP police Harshitha Attaluri.
The petitioner argued that Madani should have been produced in a local court before being taken to Bangalore after his arrest on August 17.
Dismissing the petition, the Court said the charges in the petition was ill-intentioned. The Court also approved the arguments of the counsels for Omkaraiah and Attaluri that
Madani could be produced before a judge in Bangalore within 24 hours of his arrest.
Madani, who was arrested from Anwarssery near here at 1.20 pm was produced before was produced before the Bangalore judge the same night at 11.20 pm, the counsels for the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon