Petition of Madani`s relative dismissed
Kollam: A local court here has dismissed a petition filed by a relative of PDP leader Abdul Nasser Madani alleging that the Karnataka police had not adhered to procedures during the arrest of Madani in connection with the Bangalore blasts case.
Kollam Chief Judicial Magistrate Soundaresh dismissed the petition by Abdul Salam, a relative of Madani, against Bangalore city assistant police commissioner Omkaraiah and Kollam SP police Harshitha Attaluri.
The petitioner argued that Madani should have been produced in a local court before being taken to Bangalore after his arrest on August 17.
Dismissing the petition, the Court said the charges in the petition was ill-intentioned. The Court also approved the arguments of the counsels for Omkaraiah and Attaluri that
Madani could be produced before a judge in Bangalore within 24 hours of his arrest.
Madani, who was arrested from Anwarssery near here at 1.20 pm was produced before was produced before the Bangalore judge the same night at 11.20 pm, the counsels for the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore