PFI to support SDPI candidates
Coimbatore: Popular Front of India on Tuesday announced that it would support Socialist Democratic Party of
India candidates, who are contesting in seven seats in the
April 13 Tamil Nadu Assembly Elections.
PFI`s district president, K Raja Hussain, said since SDPI
also fought for the rights of Muslims, Dalits and Backward
classes, the organisation decided to extend support to it.
SDPI, a nascent party, has won a few seats in local body
elections in Rajasthan, Karnataka and Kerala, Hussain
told reporters, adding, the party was expected to do well in
Thondamuthur in Coimbatore district, having about 42,000
Muslim and 32,000 Dalit voters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- US President Barack Obama hosts jazz concert at `Blues House`
- Will never talk about my personal life, boyfriend: Sonam Kapoor
- PeeCee's day out! Priyanka Chopra spends candid time with besties – Pictures inside
- WATCH: Gujarat Lions' mystery spinner Shivil Kaushik reminded us of Paul Adams - Here's why!
- CISCE ICSE Class 10, ISC Class 12 Examinations Results 2016 to be announced on May 6 at 3 pm