PFI to support SDPI candidates
Coimbatore: Popular Front of India on Tuesday announced that it would support Socialist Democratic Party of
India candidates, who are contesting in seven seats in the
April 13 Tamil Nadu Assembly Elections.
PFI`s district president, K Raja Hussain, said since SDPI
also fought for the rights of Muslims, Dalits and Backward
classes, the organisation decided to extend support to it.
SDPI, a nascent party, has won a few seats in local body
elections in Rajasthan, Karnataka and Kerala, Hussain
told reporters, adding, the party was expected to do well in
Thondamuthur in Coimbatore district, having about 42,000
Muslim and 32,000 Dalit voters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi