Pilla justifies action against lecturer
Kollam: Kerala Congress (B) leader and former state minister K Balakrishna Pilla on Friday justified Thodupuzha Newman College Management decision to dismiss the lecturer P J Joseph who prepared a question paper with references hurting the sentiments of Muslim community.
Addressing a meet the press programme, Pilla said chopping the hand of the lecturer allegedly by activists of muslim radical oufit was also wrong. The College Management had asked Joseph to `apologise` for his mistake to avoid punishment. But, he was not ready to apologise, Pilla said adding `One cannot find anything wrong in the action of College management`.
He also criticised CPI-M for opposing the College management action and said raising fund to help Joseph was not a good move. On the performance of the LDF government in the state, he said the other-state lotteries Bhutan and Sikkim flourished with the support of the LDF in the state.
The government failed to utilize the Central plan fund sanctioned for various development projects. `Only 40 per cent of plan fund had been used in the state so far`, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!