Pilla justifies action against lecturer
Kollam: Kerala Congress (B) leader and former state minister K Balakrishna Pilla on Friday justified Thodupuzha Newman College Management decision to dismiss the lecturer P J Joseph who prepared a question paper with references hurting the sentiments of Muslim community.
Addressing a meet the press programme, Pilla said chopping the hand of the lecturer allegedly by activists of muslim radical oufit was also wrong. The College Management had asked Joseph to `apologise` for his mistake to avoid punishment. But, he was not ready to apologise, Pilla said adding `One cannot find anything wrong in the action of College management`.
He also criticised CPI-M for opposing the College management action and said raising fund to help Joseph was not a good move. On the performance of the LDF government in the state, he said the other-state lotteries Bhutan and Sikkim flourished with the support of the LDF in the state.
The government failed to utilize the Central plan fund sanctioned for various development projects. `Only 40 per cent of plan fund had been used in the state so far`, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends