Pilla justifies action against lecturer
Kollam: Kerala Congress (B) leader and former state minister K Balakrishna Pilla on Friday justified Thodupuzha Newman College Management decision to dismiss the lecturer P J Joseph who prepared a question paper with references hurting the sentiments of Muslim community.
Addressing a meet the press programme, Pilla said chopping the hand of the lecturer allegedly by activists of muslim radical oufit was also wrong. The College Management had asked Joseph to `apologise` for his mistake to avoid punishment. But, he was not ready to apologise, Pilla said adding `One cannot find anything wrong in the action of College management`.
He also criticised CPI-M for opposing the College management action and said raising fund to help Joseph was not a good move. On the performance of the LDF government in the state, he said the other-state lotteries Bhutan and Sikkim flourished with the support of the LDF in the state.
The government failed to utilize the Central plan fund sanctioned for various development projects. `Only 40 per cent of plan fund had been used in the state so far`, he said.
- Subramanian Swamy speaks about AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi
- Subramanian Swamy speaks about AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi- Part II
- ED summons former Air Chief Marshal S.P. Tyagi
- DNA: When will Muslim women get freedom from triple divorce?
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- 143 of 300 girls cleared JEE under Udaan scheme: Smriti Irani
- Uber and Ola accused by Karnataka of violating rules, vehicles seized
- Will free jailed Pakistan doctor who tracked Osama bin Laden: Donald Trump
- Federation Cup National Athletics: Lalita Babar sets national mark, Sudha Singh joins her in 2016 Rio Olympics 3000m steeple
- Delhi Speaker nominates 13 AAP MLAs as members of civic bodies