Pillai gets notice for criticising Kerala CM while on parole
Thiruvananthapuram: Former Kerala Minister
R Balakrishna Pillai, undergoing imprisonment in a corruption
case, has been slapped with a notice by the prison authorities
for lashing out at Chief Minister V S Achuthanandan while on
a 10 day parole.
In his notice, ADGP (Jail), Alexander Jacob charged
Pillai with violating parole conditions by talking to
reporters in the jail premises and criticising Achuthanandan.
The notice warned that his parole would be cancelled if he
violated the terms further, prison sources said.
The notice said if a prisoner had any grievance it should
be given in writing to the Jail Superintendent or the sessions
judge concerned should be informed through a letter using the
complaint box, the sources said.
Pillai, the Kerala Congress (B) leader, was granted 10
days parole on April 20 to visit his wife, who is undergoing
Coming out of the jail, Pillai alleged that he did not
even get the normal facilities in prison and blamed Chief
Minister and CPI-M leader V S Achuthanandan for it.
The KC(B) leader was lodged in Central Prison here on
February 18 after the Supreme Court sentenced him and two
others in the case relating to irregularities in awarding of
contracts for Edamalaylar power project when he was Power
minister in the late 1980s.
It was Achuthanandan who pursued the case against Pillai
after he was acquitted by the Kerala High Court.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- VVIP chopper scam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi had admitted to meeting middleman Haschke
- F-16 fighter jets sold to Pakistan could be used against India: US lawmakers
- Fee hike: Schools will not budge with dharnas, submit a written complaint, Manish Sisodia tells parents
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative
- Know how Karan Johar entertains ‘India's Got Talent’ co-judge Malaika Arora Khan