Pillai gets notice for criticising Kerala CM while on parole
Thiruvananthapuram: Former Kerala Minister
R Balakrishna Pillai, undergoing imprisonment in a corruption
case, has been slapped with a notice by the prison authorities
for lashing out at Chief Minister V S Achuthanandan while on
a 10 day parole.
In his notice, ADGP (Jail), Alexander Jacob charged
Pillai with violating parole conditions by talking to
reporters in the jail premises and criticising Achuthanandan.
The notice warned that his parole would be cancelled if he
violated the terms further, prison sources said.
The notice said if a prisoner had any grievance it should
be given in writing to the Jail Superintendent or the sessions
judge concerned should be informed through a letter using the
complaint box, the sources said.
Pillai, the Kerala Congress (B) leader, was granted 10
days parole on April 20 to visit his wife, who is undergoing
Coming out of the jail, Pillai alleged that he did not
even get the normal facilities in prison and blamed Chief
Minister and CPI-M leader V S Achuthanandan for it.
The KC(B) leader was lodged in Central Prison here on
February 18 after the Supreme Court sentenced him and two
others in the case relating to irregularities in awarding of
contracts for Edamalaylar power project when he was Power
minister in the late 1980s.
It was Achuthanandan who pursued the case against Pillai
after he was acquitted by the Kerala High Court.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad