Pillai gets notice for criticising Kerala CM while on parole
Thiruvananthapuram: Former Kerala Minister
R Balakrishna Pillai, undergoing imprisonment in a corruption
case, has been slapped with a notice by the prison authorities
for lashing out at Chief Minister V S Achuthanandan while on
a 10 day parole.
In his notice, ADGP (Jail), Alexander Jacob charged
Pillai with violating parole conditions by talking to
reporters in the jail premises and criticising Achuthanandan.
The notice warned that his parole would be cancelled if he
violated the terms further, prison sources said.
The notice said if a prisoner had any grievance it should
be given in writing to the Jail Superintendent or the sessions
judge concerned should be informed through a letter using the
complaint box, the sources said.
Pillai, the Kerala Congress (B) leader, was granted 10
days parole on April 20 to visit his wife, who is undergoing
Coming out of the jail, Pillai alleged that he did not
even get the normal facilities in prison and blamed Chief
Minister and CPI-M leader V S Achuthanandan for it.
The KC(B) leader was lodged in Central Prison here on
February 18 after the Supreme Court sentenced him and two
others in the case relating to irregularities in awarding of
contracts for Edamalaylar power project when he was Power
minister in the late 1980s.
It was Achuthanandan who pursued the case against Pillai
after he was acquitted by the Kerala High Court.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP