Pillai warns his son against fighting the party
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala Congress-B chairman R Balakrishna Pillai Thursday warned his son and former minister K B Ganesh Kumar, who quit the UDF ministry following charges of domestic violence, not to fight against the party as it would only result in Kumar losing assembly membership.
Reacting to Kumar`s statement the other day that he was the party and people are with him, the KC(B) leader said `Kumar has lost his mental balance` and that such a move would amount to forfeiting his position as MLA.
"As per Election Commission norms, voluntarily giving up the membership of KC-B will lead to his losing assembly membership and a by-election in Pathanapuram, the constituency he represents," Pillai said.
Pillai made it clear that he would not contest in Pathanapuram in the event of a by-election there.
He wanted Congress to take over the cabinet berth left vacant by Ganesh Kumar`s resignation and said KC-B would express its view on the choice of the minister if the UDF leadership sought its opinion.
Pillai said the boards and corporations set up by Kumar in the departments handled by him, without discussing with KC-B or UDF, should be reconstituted.
The KC(B) leader had recently complained that his son was ignoring party workers and "not functioning according to party line" and sought his removal from the cabinet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday