Pillai warns his son against fighting the party
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala Congress-B chairman R Balakrishna Pillai Thursday warned his son and former minister K B Ganesh Kumar, who quit the UDF ministry following charges of domestic violence, not to fight against the party as it would only result in Kumar losing assembly membership.
Reacting to Kumar`s statement the other day that he was the party and people are with him, the KC(B) leader said `Kumar has lost his mental balance` and that such a move would amount to forfeiting his position as MLA.
"As per Election Commission norms, voluntarily giving up the membership of KC-B will lead to his losing assembly membership and a by-election in Pathanapuram, the constituency he represents," Pillai said.
Pillai made it clear that he would not contest in Pathanapuram in the event of a by-election there.
He wanted Congress to take over the cabinet berth left vacant by Ganesh Kumar`s resignation and said KC-B would express its view on the choice of the minister if the UDF leadership sought its opinion.
Pillai said the boards and corporations set up by Kumar in the departments handled by him, without discussing with KC-B or UDF, should be reconstituted.
The KC(B) leader had recently complained that his son was ignoring party workers and "not functioning according to party line" and sought his removal from the cabinet.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Jhansi's ammunition factory was target of ISI agents
- Panel discussion on film director Ali Akbar's accusation on Madrasa
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory