Pinarayi visits MV Raghavan in Kerala
Kannur: In a major political development, Kerala CPI(M) secretary Pinarayi Vijayan called on Communist Marxist Party (CMP) leader MV Raghavan at his residence on Monday.
Their meeting, after nearly 27 years, lasted nearly 15 minutes.
Emerging from the meeting, Vijayan told mediapersons that they have not discussed politics during their meeting.
"I enquired about his health", he said.
Raghavan also said they did not discuss any politics during their meeting.
"We have not discussed any politics. Vijayan came to enquire about my health," he said.
However, the meeting assumes significance in the backdrop of CMP`s bickering with the ruling Congress-led United Democratic Front, in which the party is a constituent, over Pariyaram Medical College issue.
Raghavan had been demanding the dismissal of the CPI(M)-led administrative panel of the College for quite some time.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- Centuries-old fair symbolising maize blossom begins in Himachal
- 2016 Olympics: Russia escape blanket ban, but IOC bars whistle-blower from Rio Games
- Pakistan Daily calls Nawaz Sharif's statement on Kashmir 'wishful thinking and unrealistic'
- Hungarian Grand Prix: Record fifth win sends Lewis Hamilton top
- Olympian predicts record medal haul from Indian shooters at 2016 Rio Games