Pinarayi visits MV Raghavan in Kerala
Kannur: In a major political development, Kerala CPI(M) secretary Pinarayi Vijayan called on Communist Marxist Party (CMP) leader MV Raghavan at his residence on Monday.
Their meeting, after nearly 27 years, lasted nearly 15 minutes.
Emerging from the meeting, Vijayan told mediapersons that they have not discussed politics during their meeting.
"I enquired about his health", he said.
Raghavan also said they did not discuss any politics during their meeting.
"We have not discussed any politics. Vijayan came to enquire about my health," he said.
However, the meeting assumes significance in the backdrop of CMP`s bickering with the ruling Congress-led United Democratic Front, in which the party is a constituent, over Pariyaram Medical College issue.
Raghavan had been demanding the dismissal of the CPI(M)-led administrative panel of the College for quite some time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?