Pinarayi visits MV Raghavan in Kerala
Kannur: In a major political development, Kerala CPI(M) secretary Pinarayi Vijayan called on Communist Marxist Party (CMP) leader MV Raghavan at his residence on Monday.
Their meeting, after nearly 27 years, lasted nearly 15 minutes.
Emerging from the meeting, Vijayan told mediapersons that they have not discussed politics during their meeting.
"I enquired about his health", he said.
Raghavan also said they did not discuss any politics during their meeting.
"We have not discussed any politics. Vijayan came to enquire about my health," he said.
However, the meeting assumes significance in the backdrop of CMP`s bickering with the ruling Congress-led United Democratic Front, in which the party is a constituent, over Pariyaram Medical College issue.
Raghavan had been demanding the dismissal of the CPI(M)-led administrative panel of the College for quite some time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam