Pinarayi visits MV Raghavan in Kerala
Kannur: In a major political development, Kerala CPI(M) secretary Pinarayi Vijayan called on Communist Marxist Party (CMP) leader MV Raghavan at his residence on Monday.
Their meeting, after nearly 27 years, lasted nearly 15 minutes.
Emerging from the meeting, Vijayan told mediapersons that they have not discussed politics during their meeting.
"I enquired about his health", he said.
Raghavan also said they did not discuss any politics during their meeting.
"We have not discussed any politics. Vijayan came to enquire about my health," he said.
However, the meeting assumes significance in the backdrop of CMP`s bickering with the ruling Congress-led United Democratic Front, in which the party is a constituent, over Pariyaram Medical College issue.
Raghavan had been demanding the dismissal of the CPI(M)-led administrative panel of the College for quite some time.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai