Plastic products of less than 50 microns banned in Puducherry
Puducherry: Plastic carry bags of less than
50 microns thickness have been banned in the Union Territory
of Puducherry with effect from December 9.
Besides the bags, use, sale and storing of disposable cups
and plates of less than fifty microns had also been banned, a
government notification issued on Dec 9 said.
It said Lt Governor Iqbal Singh issued an order under
powers vested in him by the Environment (Protection) Act 1986
in this regard.
The notification stated that no person including a
shopkeeper, vendor or wholesale dealer, retailer or trader
should use or sell or store polythene or plastic carry bags of
50 microns or below and of size less than 8 x 12 inches.
Other plastic carry bags, disposable cups and plates apart
from the category mentioned above and produced, used, sold or
stored in the Union Territory should contain the name of
manufacturing unit, the address, thickness and size of the
products printed on them.
An official level committee comprising among others the
Sub-Divisional Magistrates, Regional Administrators, Directors
of Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs and Science and
Technology Member Secretary of Puducherry Pollution Control
Committee, and Food Inspectors of Food and Drug Administration
has been constituted to implement the ban order.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender