Plea before Kerala HC to bring back teenager`s UAE husband
Kochi: The mother of a 17-year-old girl has sought the intervention of the Kerala High Court to bring back Mohammed Jasim, a national of the United Arab Emirates, who married her daughter and then divorced her 13 days later.
Accepting the petition, the court directed the police to ready a detailed report on the incident.
The girl, a student of Class 12, alleged that she "married" the UAE national June 13 this year, in Kozhikode district.
The girl said that she married the UAE national under pressure from a Muslim orphanage that helped in meeting her expenses and offered the family support after her father died.
After the marriage, the couple spent time in resorts in Kozhikode. Her "husband" suddenly left the country after 17 days.
When news of this incident first surfaced in the media in August, the police swung into action and arrested three people for being party to the marriage, including the mother of the UAE national, a woman who is a native of Kerala.
The woman`s second husband and a cousin of the girl who was misled into the marriage were also arrested.
All three are now out on bail.
Police investigations revealed that the "absconding" UAE national`s father was an Arab.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list