Plea for Malayalam Univ in Thiruvananthapuram
Thiruvananthapuram: Desheeya Malayala Vedi, an organisation to promote Malayalam language, has submitted a memorandum to Chief Minister Oommen Chandy demanding immediate steps to establish the proposed Malayalam University here.
Despite the UDF government promising the setting up of the university, no step had been taken so far, Vedi office-bearers K Ramakrishna Pillai and Kazhakoottam Najmudeen said in a release here.
The university should be located in Thiruvananthapuram considering the contribution to Malayalam language from the district.
The birthplaces of poets Kumaran Asan and Ulloor S Parameswara Iyer were in the district, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi silent on scams like Manmohan Singh: Arvind Kejriwal
- French Open 2016: Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic roll on, symmetry for Williams sisters
- Premier League: Jose Mourinho all set to take control at Manchester United
- Zika not a reason to cancel Rio Olympics, says US health official
- Mamata Banerjee sworn-in as West Bengal CM: As it happened