Plea for Malayalam Univ in Thiruvananthapuram
Thiruvananthapuram: Desheeya Malayala Vedi, an organisation to promote Malayalam language, has submitted a memorandum to Chief Minister Oommen Chandy demanding immediate steps to establish the proposed Malayalam University here.
Despite the UDF government promising the setting up of the university, no step had been taken so far, Vedi office-bearers K Ramakrishna Pillai and Kazhakoottam Najmudeen said in a release here.
The university should be located in Thiruvananthapuram considering the contribution to Malayalam language from the district.
The birthplaces of poets Kumaran Asan and Ulloor S Parameswara Iyer were in the district, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report