Plea for Malayalam Univ in Thiruvananthapuram
Thiruvananthapuram: Desheeya Malayala Vedi, an organisation to promote Malayalam language, has submitted a memorandum to Chief Minister Oommen Chandy demanding immediate steps to establish the proposed Malayalam University here.
Despite the UDF government promising the setting up of the university, no step had been taken so far, Vedi office-bearers K Ramakrishna Pillai and Kazhakoottam Najmudeen said in a release here.
The university should be located in Thiruvananthapuram considering the contribution to Malayalam language from the district.
The birthplaces of poets Kumaran Asan and Ulloor S Parameswara Iyer were in the district, the release said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh