PM arrives in Kerala capital
Thiruvananthapuram: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh arrived here on Friday evening on a two-day visit to Kerala packed with engagements in the state capital and Kochi.
Singh was received at the airport by Kerala Governor Nikhil Kumar, Chief Minister Oommen Chandy, Union Minister Shashi Tharoor and other leaders.
Tomorrow, he will launch the total e-literacy drive sponsored by Kerala government under the P N Panicker Vigyan Vikas Kendra and open the international study centre of Tata Consultancy Services at the Technopark here.
He will unveil a plaque to mark the setting up of the Capital Centre of the Central University of Kerala at a function at the Raj Bhavan in the morning.
In Kochi, Singh will commission the LNG terminal on January 4 and inaugurate the 90th year celebrations of "Mathrubhumi" daily the next day before winding up his visit.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today