PM arrives in Kerala capital
Thiruvananthapuram: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh arrived here on Friday evening on a two-day visit to Kerala packed with engagements in the state capital and Kochi.
Singh was received at the airport by Kerala Governor Nikhil Kumar, Chief Minister Oommen Chandy, Union Minister Shashi Tharoor and other leaders.
Tomorrow, he will launch the total e-literacy drive sponsored by Kerala government under the P N Panicker Vigyan Vikas Kendra and open the international study centre of Tata Consultancy Services at the Technopark here.
He will unveil a plaque to mark the setting up of the Capital Centre of the Central University of Kerala at a function at the Raj Bhavan in the morning.
In Kochi, Singh will commission the LNG terminal on January 4 and inaugurate the 90th year celebrations of "Mathrubhumi" daily the next day before winding up his visit.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many to Islam?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many Christians, Hindus to Islam?
- REVEALED: How Virat Kohli motivated team on the field - Here's what stump mic picked up
- Katrina Kaif in her little 'Twilight' zone with Robert Pattinson! Pic inside
- Chinese demolitions at Buddhist institute draw fire
- Narsingh Yadav missing Rio Olympics will mean India losing a medal: WFI President