PM arrives in Kerala capital
Thiruvananthapuram: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh arrived here on Friday evening on a two-day visit to Kerala packed with engagements in the state capital and Kochi.
Singh was received at the airport by Kerala Governor Nikhil Kumar, Chief Minister Oommen Chandy, Union Minister Shashi Tharoor and other leaders.
Tomorrow, he will launch the total e-literacy drive sponsored by Kerala government under the P N Panicker Vigyan Vikas Kendra and open the international study centre of Tata Consultancy Services at the Technopark here.
He will unveil a plaque to mark the setting up of the Capital Centre of the Central University of Kerala at a function at the Raj Bhavan in the morning.
In Kochi, Singh will commission the LNG terminal on January 4 and inaugurate the 90th year celebrations of "Mathrubhumi" daily the next day before winding up his visit.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- DNA : Today in History, 22nd August 2016
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh