PM arrives in Kerala capital
Thiruvananthapuram: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh arrived here on Friday evening on a two-day visit to Kerala packed with engagements in the state capital and Kochi.
Singh was received at the airport by Kerala Governor Nikhil Kumar, Chief Minister Oommen Chandy, Union Minister Shashi Tharoor and other leaders.
Tomorrow, he will launch the total e-literacy drive sponsored by Kerala government under the P N Panicker Vigyan Vikas Kendra and open the international study centre of Tata Consultancy Services at the Technopark here.
He will unveil a plaque to mark the setting up of the Capital Centre of the Central University of Kerala at a function at the Raj Bhavan in the morning.
In Kochi, Singh will commission the LNG terminal on January 4 and inaugurate the 90th year celebrations of "Mathrubhumi" daily the next day before winding up his visit.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31