PM arrives in Kerala capital
Thiruvananthapuram: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh arrived here on Friday evening on a two-day visit to Kerala packed with engagements in the state capital and Kochi.
Singh was received at the airport by Kerala Governor Nikhil Kumar, Chief Minister Oommen Chandy, Union Minister Shashi Tharoor and other leaders.
Tomorrow, he will launch the total e-literacy drive sponsored by Kerala government under the P N Panicker Vigyan Vikas Kendra and open the international study centre of Tata Consultancy Services at the Technopark here.
He will unveil a plaque to mark the setting up of the Capital Centre of the Central University of Kerala at a function at the Raj Bhavan in the morning.
In Kochi, Singh will commission the LNG terminal on January 4 and inaugurate the 90th year celebrations of "Mathrubhumi" daily the next day before winding up his visit.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan