‘PM hasn`t set timeframe for Mullaperiyar issue’
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has
not set any timeframe for resolving Mullaperiyar Dam dispute
involving Kerala and Tamil Nadu, Chief Minister Oommen Chandy
said here on Thursday.
Chandy also said that in a federal structure the Centre
has limitations in getting into a dispute involving two
Reacting to the queries about the protests by UDF ally
Kerala Congress (Mani) over the issue, he said the Centre
could not jump into a matter which is also under the
consideration of the Supreme Court.
"Prime Minister has not set any timeframe for settling
the dispute. This is an issue involving two states (Tamil Nadu
and Kerala). If one state is not cooperating... the Centre has
limitations. The matter is also under the consideration of the
state," Chandy said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred