‘PM hasn`t set timeframe for Mullaperiyar issue’
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has
not set any timeframe for resolving Mullaperiyar Dam dispute
involving Kerala and Tamil Nadu, Chief Minister Oommen Chandy
said here on Thursday.
Chandy also said that in a federal structure the Centre
has limitations in getting into a dispute involving two
Reacting to the queries about the protests by UDF ally
Kerala Congress (Mani) over the issue, he said the Centre
could not jump into a matter which is also under the
consideration of the Supreme Court.
"Prime Minister has not set any timeframe for settling
the dispute. This is an issue involving two states (Tamil Nadu
and Kerala). If one state is not cooperating... the Centre has
limitations. The matter is also under the consideration of the
state," Chandy said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH