PM to inaugurate KUWJ meet on Sept 13
Kochi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh will inaugurate the Golden Jubilee celebrations of the Kerala Union of Working Journalists here on September 13.
Chief Minister Oommen Chandy will preside over the function which will be attended by Defence Minister A K Antony, Union Minister for Food and Consumer Affairs K V Thomas and opposition leader in the state assembly V S Achutanandan.
This would be an opportunity for members of the fourth estate to highlight various issues affecting them, Thomas, who is the chairman of the reception committee, said.
Prime Minister will inaugurate the three-day `Emerging Kerala` business summit here on September 12 and the Kochi Metro project on September 13 during his two-day visit to the state.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city