PM to inaugurate KUWJ meet on Sept 13
Kochi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh will inaugurate the Golden Jubilee celebrations of the Kerala Union of Working Journalists here on September 13.
Chief Minister Oommen Chandy will preside over the function which will be attended by Defence Minister A K Antony, Union Minister for Food and Consumer Affairs K V Thomas and opposition leader in the state assembly V S Achutanandan.
This would be an opportunity for members of the fourth estate to highlight various issues affecting them, Thomas, who is the chairman of the reception committee, said.
Prime Minister will inaugurate the three-day `Emerging Kerala` business summit here on September 12 and the Kochi Metro project on September 13 during his two-day visit to the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery