PM to inaugurate KUWJ meet on Sept 13
Kochi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh will inaugurate the Golden Jubilee celebrations of the Kerala Union of Working Journalists here on September 13.
Chief Minister Oommen Chandy will preside over the function which will be attended by Defence Minister A K Antony, Union Minister for Food and Consumer Affairs K V Thomas and opposition leader in the state assembly V S Achutanandan.
This would be an opportunity for members of the fourth estate to highlight various issues affecting them, Thomas, who is the chairman of the reception committee, said.
Prime Minister will inaugurate the three-day `Emerging Kerala` business summit here on September 12 and the Kochi Metro project on September 13 during his two-day visit to the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'