PM to inaugurate KUWJ meet on Sept 13
Kochi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh will inaugurate the Golden Jubilee celebrations of the Kerala Union of Working Journalists here on September 13.
Chief Minister Oommen Chandy will preside over the function which will be attended by Defence Minister A K Antony, Union Minister for Food and Consumer Affairs K V Thomas and opposition leader in the state assembly V S Achutanandan.
This would be an opportunity for members of the fourth estate to highlight various issues affecting them, Thomas, who is the chairman of the reception committee, said.
Prime Minister will inaugurate the three-day `Emerging Kerala` business summit here on September 12 and the Kochi Metro project on September 13 during his two-day visit to the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth