PMK to be part of DMK alliance
New Delhi: With elections to the Tamil Nadu assembly round the corner, DMK chief M Karunanidhi on Sunday announced that PMK will be part of the DMK-led alliance in the state.
Karunanidhi, who arrived here this evening, said he would meet Congress President Sonia Gandhi and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh tomorrow to discuss the seat-sharing arrangement between Congress and DMK.
"PMK, Muslim League, VCK will be in the alliance other than Congress and DMK," the chief minister told reporters at Tamil Nadu house here.
He said he will discuss the number of seats to be contested by both the parties in the elections due in May during his meeting with Congress President and the Prime Minister.
When asked whether the seat sharing talks would be completed during his stay in the capital, he said, "I cannot say that.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi