Poetry, policing don`t mix, top Kerala woman cop discovers
Thiruvananthapuram: A top woman Indian Police Service official has landed in a soup on account of her literary skills: A poem she wrote depicting politicians, the media and the bureaucracy in poor light is in the eye of a storm.
Additional Director General of Police B Sandhya has been asked to explain her Malayalam poem, which appeared under a title that translated to English would read, "I can only be thus".
The poem was published in a magazine.
Director General of Police KN Balasubramanian has issued two letters to the ADG seeking an explanation for the poem. A reply is awaited.
Her poem takes a dig at the media, saying it uses its freedom to attack just about anyone; it lashes out at politicians, claiming power comes with impunity.
State Home Minister Thiruvanchoor Radhakrishnan is on a foreign tour, and the state police chief is awaiting his return to decide on the future course of action in the matter.
"The minister arrives tonight," a close aide of the minister said.
ADG Sandhya had faced the ire of media people, who resented her curtness at a police training camp, when she had walked out in a huff, reportedly displeased with the manner in which the camp was being conducted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon