Poetry, policing don`t mix, top Kerala woman cop discovers
Thiruvananthapuram: A top woman Indian Police Service official has landed in a soup on account of her literary skills: A poem she wrote depicting politicians, the media and the bureaucracy in poor light is in the eye of a storm.
Additional Director General of Police B Sandhya has been asked to explain her Malayalam poem, which appeared under a title that translated to English would read, "I can only be thus".
The poem was published in a magazine.
Director General of Police KN Balasubramanian has issued two letters to the ADG seeking an explanation for the poem. A reply is awaited.
Her poem takes a dig at the media, saying it uses its freedom to attack just about anyone; it lashes out at politicians, claiming power comes with impunity.
State Home Minister Thiruvanchoor Radhakrishnan is on a foreign tour, and the state police chief is awaiting his return to decide on the future course of action in the matter.
"The minister arrives tonight," a close aide of the minister said.
ADG Sandhya had faced the ire of media people, who resented her curtness at a police training camp, when she had walked out in a huff, reportedly displeased with the manner in which the camp was being conducted.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH