Police paste summons notice at Mani`s house, office
Idukki (Ker): Police on Saturday pasted the notice issued to CPI-M Idukki district secretary MM Mani asking him to appear for questioning before the SIT at his residence and the party`s district committee office.
The summons notice was issued in connection with the case registered against Mani on his controversial speech that CPI-M had eliminated political rivals in the past.
Copies of the notice were pasted before Mani`s house and the party office as those in his house and office refused to accept the notices, police said.
Meanwhile, CPI-M state secretary Pinarayi Vijayan took exception to the issuance of notice to Mani, saying it was against the law. The Home department had issued the notice without getting any proper legal advice, he told reporters at Kozhikode.
"The CPI-M will fight such attacks on the party politically and the police action against Mani legally," Vijayan said.
Police said Mani had been asked to appear on June 6 before the special investigation team (SIT) set up to inquire his `revelation,` which embarrassed the CPI-M and caught political circles in the state by surprise.
Police had earlier this week registered a case against Mani on charges of murder, abetment and concealing information based on his speech made at Thodupuzha last week.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over SP leader Azam Khan's controversial remark on Muslim population
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowance Committee likely to submit report on 20 February
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO