Police paste summons notice at Mani`s house, office
Idukki (Ker): Police on Saturday pasted the notice issued to CPI-M Idukki district secretary MM Mani asking him to appear for questioning before the SIT at his residence and the party`s district committee office.
The summons notice was issued in connection with the case registered against Mani on his controversial speech that CPI-M had eliminated political rivals in the past.
Copies of the notice were pasted before Mani`s house and the party office as those in his house and office refused to accept the notices, police said.
Meanwhile, CPI-M state secretary Pinarayi Vijayan took exception to the issuance of notice to Mani, saying it was against the law. The Home department had issued the notice without getting any proper legal advice, he told reporters at Kozhikode.
"The CPI-M will fight such attacks on the party politically and the police action against Mani legally," Vijayan said.
Police said Mani had been asked to appear on June 6 before the special investigation team (SIT) set up to inquire his `revelation,` which embarrassed the CPI-M and caught political circles in the state by surprise.
Police had earlier this week registered a case against Mani on charges of murder, abetment and concealing information based on his speech made at Thodupuzha last week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India