Police probing stay of Pak pilot in Thiruvananthapuram hotel
Thiruvananthapuram: The city police is
investigating the stay of a Pakistani pilot of a foreign
airline in a hotel here without the knowledge of intelligence
and security agencies.
An Assistant Commissioner with the city police has been
entrusted with the inquiry in the case, focussing on how the
pilot managed to stay in the city after arriving here two
months back without the knowledge of intelligence and security
agencies, police sources said.
Khalid Rasheed, the pilot-in-command of a Gulf-based
airline, flew a scheduled flight to the city on May 6 and
stayed for a whole day in a hotel in the city allegedly
without informing the police or immigration authorities of his
stay in the city.
The next day he flew back the same flight. According to
the sources, the case involved violation of a recent circular
restricting arrival of Pakistani pilots flying aircraft into
airports in the country other than those in the metros.
According to Foreigners Registration Act, it was the
responsibility of the police and its intelligence wing to keep
a tab on foreign nationals staying in the city, especially
those from Pakitstan, Bangladesh and Afghanistan.
Also, the foreign airlines are expected to keep the
authorities informed of the details of the foreign pilot
flying to the country, the sources said.
"We would be conducting a comprehensive probe into all
aspects of the case including if there was intelligence
failure", a senior police official said.
However, the hotel authorities have said the pilot had
given all details required when he filled up the required
form and that they had passed this to the officials concerned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port
- High alert across LoC after terror attacks in Srinagar, manhunt on for Hizb-ul-Mujahideen militants
- ISRO's RLV-TD launch: Why it matters to India!
- Meet Priyanka Chopra's 'woman crush'! You will love her for sure
- Watch – 'Hillary Clinton lying for 13 minutes straight'
- Another blockbuster? Salman Khan's next with Kabir Khan based on human drama!