Police submit report on Kerala temple security
Thiruvananthapuram: Chief Minister Oommen
Chandy on Tuesday said that the state police has submitted a report
to the government detailing steps that will be taken to
protect the Sree Padmanabhaswamy temple following the
discovery of priceless treasure in its cellars.
A decision on security arrangements would be taken
soon after examining the report, Chandy told reporters after a
Cabinet meeting here.
In view of the shrine`s security being taken over by
the state police, a post of Superintendent of Police has been
created to head the security team, he said, adding that a
decision in this regard was taken at the cabinet meeting.
In the report, a proposal to install close circuit
cameras (CCTVs) outside and around the temple complex to
monitor the premises has been given, police sources said.
Special sensors would be installed within the radius
of the cellars where the treasure was found, they said.
The police has also proposed installing modern
equipment that would enable scanning of materials taken inside
the temple and the use of biometric sensors and laser sensors,
The treasure, whose estimated worth is over Rs 1.50
lakh crore, was found during an inventory conducted by a
Supreme court appointed panel which began on June 27.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row