Police submit report on Kerala temple security
Thiruvananthapuram: Chief Minister Oommen
Chandy on Tuesday said that the state police has submitted a report
to the government detailing steps that will be taken to
protect the Sree Padmanabhaswamy temple following the
discovery of priceless treasure in its cellars.
A decision on security arrangements would be taken
soon after examining the report, Chandy told reporters after a
Cabinet meeting here.
In view of the shrine`s security being taken over by
the state police, a post of Superintendent of Police has been
created to head the security team, he said, adding that a
decision in this regard was taken at the cabinet meeting.
In the report, a proposal to install close circuit
cameras (CCTVs) outside and around the temple complex to
monitor the premises has been given, police sources said.
Special sensors would be installed within the radius
of the cellars where the treasure was found, they said.
The police has also proposed installing modern
equipment that would enable scanning of materials taken inside
the temple and the use of biometric sensors and laser sensors,
The treasure, whose estimated worth is over Rs 1.50
lakh crore, was found during an inventory conducted by a
Supreme court appointed panel which began on June 27.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- Cleanliness an issue at railway stations, needs to be addressed: CAG
- Bhagwant Mann video exposed whole security system of Parliament, finds Lok Sabha probe panel
- BCCI line-up special General Meeting in Mumbai on August 5 to discuss Lodha recommendations
- Woman Rahul Gandhi hugged in Una was not related to any victim, has criminal record
- Tributes paid to Kargil martyr in Nagland