Pranab to visit Kerala capital on Wednesday
Thiruvananthapuram: UPA`s Presidential candidate Pranab Mukherjee will arrive here on Wednesday to seek the support of the members of the Kerala Assembly and MPs for his election to the highest office of the country.
According to a KPCC release today, Mukherjee will first meet the MLAs and MPs of the ruling Congress-led UDF and later in the afternoon those from the opposition CPI-M-led LDF. The meeting is scheduled to be held at a hotel in the city.
In the 140-member Assembly, the UDF has 73 members and the LDF 67.
Mukherjee is expected to get the support of 125 MLAs as, apart from the Congress and its allies, the Left constituents CPI(M), JD(S) and NCP have also pledged their support to his candidature.
However, 13 CPI MLAs and 2 RSP members are expected to abstain in accordance with the decision of their central leadership.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Land of believers! Out of 1.2 billion people, only 33,000 are atheists in India
- Hafiz Saeed is overseeing attacks by ISIS fighters in Afghanistan?
- Blackbuck poaching case: Rajasthan government may appeal against Salman Khan's acquittal
- 'Michael Jackson died a vulnerable man'
- Kunis, Kutcher bought wedding rings on e-commerce site