Pranab to visit Kerala capital on Wednesday
Thiruvananthapuram: UPA`s Presidential candidate Pranab Mukherjee will arrive here on Wednesday to seek the support of the members of the Kerala Assembly and MPs for his election to the highest office of the country.
According to a KPCC release today, Mukherjee will first meet the MLAs and MPs of the ruling Congress-led UDF and later in the afternoon those from the opposition CPI-M-led LDF. The meeting is scheduled to be held at a hotel in the city.
In the 140-member Assembly, the UDF has 73 members and the LDF 67.
Mukherjee is expected to get the support of 125 MLAs as, apart from the Congress and its allies, the Left constituents CPI(M), JD(S) and NCP have also pledged their support to his candidature.
However, 13 CPI MLAs and 2 RSP members are expected to abstain in accordance with the decision of their central leadership.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach