Pranab to visit Kerala capital on Wednesday
Thiruvananthapuram: UPA`s Presidential candidate Pranab Mukherjee will arrive here on Wednesday to seek the support of the members of the Kerala Assembly and MPs for his election to the highest office of the country.
According to a KPCC release today, Mukherjee will first meet the MLAs and MPs of the ruling Congress-led UDF and later in the afternoon those from the opposition CPI-M-led LDF. The meeting is scheduled to be held at a hotel in the city.
In the 140-member Assembly, the UDF has 73 members and the LDF 67.
Mukherjee is expected to get the support of 125 MLAs as, apart from the Congress and its allies, the Left constituents CPI(M), JD(S) and NCP have also pledged their support to his candidature.
However, 13 CPI MLAs and 2 RSP members are expected to abstain in accordance with the decision of their central leadership.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured