Prayers for Ajmal Kasab in Kerala; Police launch probe
Kochi: Police have launched an investigation into the offering of prayers at a mosque here for Ajmal Kasab, who was hanged for carrying out the Mumbai terror attack in 2008.
The prayers were reportedly offered by an imam on November 23 after the Friday namaz at the mosque at nearby Trikkakara. After the namaz, prayers were offered for departed souls and the priest had reportedly included the name of Kasab.
When the incident leaked out, police began a probe and questioned the mosque`s authorities and those who had participated in the prayers.
The managing committee of the mosque removed the imam from the post after learning about the incident, committee sources said.
Investigation is on, police said.
Kasab was hanged in Yerawada jail in Pune on November 21.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the impact of secret data leak of Scorpene submarine on India's security
- DNA: Analyzing the impact of secret data leak of Scorpene submarine on India's security Part II
- DNA: Analyzing the possible hands indulged in Scorpene Submarine data leak
- DNA: Analyzing the media coverage on Kashmir violence
- DNA: PM Modi's photos and Indian flag raised during protests in Balochistan