Prayers for Ajmal Kasab in Kerala; Police launch probe
Kochi: Police have launched an investigation into the offering of prayers at a mosque here for Ajmal Kasab, who was hanged for carrying out the Mumbai terror attack in 2008.
The prayers were reportedly offered by an imam on November 23 after the Friday namaz at the mosque at nearby Trikkakara. After the namaz, prayers were offered for departed souls and the priest had reportedly included the name of Kasab.
When the incident leaked out, police began a probe and questioned the mosque`s authorities and those who had participated in the prayers.
The managing committee of the mosque removed the imam from the post after learning about the incident, committee sources said.
Investigation is on, police said.
Kasab was hanged in Yerawada jail in Pune on November 21.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi