Pre-poll violence: Kerala minister hurt in stone pelting
Thiruvananthapuram: Sporadic clashes between
LDF and UDF workers, including an incident of stone pelting in
which state ports minister V Surendran Pillai was injured, on Monday marred the conclusion of poll campaign in Kerala.
Tension prevailed in Poothura area in Thiruvananthapuram
constituency as a group of UDF workers sought to block the
campaign vehicle in which Pillai, the LDF candidate, was
canvassing for votes in the dying moments of the campaign for
the April 13 assembly elections, police said.
Pillai belongs to Kerala Congress (Thomas) faction, a
constituent of the ruling LDF.
UDF workers started creating problem alleging that there
had been an attempt earlier to block the convoy of Defence
Minister AK Antony in the area.
According to police, Pillai was hurt on his forehead
after being hit by a stone. He was taken to a private
hospital, police said.
Minor clashes were also reported from places like
Perithalmanna, Kayamkulam, Karunagapply and Kaipamangalam.
Police said there had been no major violence and the
overall situation was normal throughout the state. The
campaigning had remained peaceful by large so far.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach