President offers prayers at Padmanabhaswamy Temple
Thiruvananthapuram: President Pranab Mukherjee on Saturday offered prayers at the famous Sree Padmanabhaswamy Temple here, before winding up his two-day visit to Kerala.
Mukherjee, who was accompanied by Kerala Governor Sheila Dikshit, was received at the western portal of the grand complex by temple Executive Officer K N Satheesh and other officials.
He spent about 40 minutes in the temple before leaving for Tiruchirapally in Tamil Nadu.
Security was tightened in and around the sprawling temple complex.
The temple is one of the richest Hindu shrines with its underground vaults containing immense wealth.
Mukherjee had yesterday attended the convocation ceremony of Central University of Kerala at the northern district Kasargod and inaugurated the platinum jubilee celebrations of the College of Engineering here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Sheena Bora case: This is how Indrani Mukerjea got idea to plot a 'perfect murder'