President offers prayers at Padmanabhaswamy Temple
Thiruvananthapuram: President Pranab Mukherjee on Saturday offered prayers at the famous Sree Padmanabhaswamy Temple here, before winding up his two-day visit to Kerala.
Mukherjee, who was accompanied by Kerala Governor Sheila Dikshit, was received at the western portal of the grand complex by temple Executive Officer K N Satheesh and other officials.
He spent about 40 minutes in the temple before leaving for Tiruchirapally in Tamil Nadu.
Security was tightened in and around the sprawling temple complex.
The temple is one of the richest Hindu shrines with its underground vaults containing immense wealth.
Mukherjee had yesterday attended the convocation ceremony of Central University of Kerala at the northern district Kasargod and inaugurated the platinum jubilee celebrations of the College of Engineering here.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says