President offers prayers at Padmanabhaswamy Temple
Thiruvananthapuram: President Pranab Mukherjee on Saturday offered prayers at the famous Sree Padmanabhaswamy Temple here, before winding up his two-day visit to Kerala.
Mukherjee, who was accompanied by Kerala Governor Sheila Dikshit, was received at the western portal of the grand complex by temple Executive Officer K N Satheesh and other officials.
He spent about 40 minutes in the temple before leaving for Tiruchirapally in Tamil Nadu.
Security was tightened in and around the sprawling temple complex.
The temple is one of the richest Hindu shrines with its underground vaults containing immense wealth.
Mukherjee had yesterday attended the convocation ceremony of Central University of Kerala at the northern district Kasargod and inaugurated the platinum jubilee celebrations of the College of Engineering here.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India