`Probe by police into Chandasekharan`s murder satisfactory`
Kozhikode: Union Minister of State for Home Mullappally Ramachandran Sunday expressed satifaction in the probe by Kerla police into the murder Revolutionary Marxist Party (RMP) leader T P Chandrasekharan.
On the demand by Chandrasekharan`s widow K K Rema for a CBI probe into the murder, Ramachadandran told reporters that "the probe by Kerala police (into the murder) was going ahead satisfactorily.
If they do not succeed, then only we can think about handing over the inquiry to CBI any other agency", he said.
Kerala police was very efficient and we should give a chance to them to bring "those who signed in the death warrant of Chandrasekharan before the law", he said.
Chandrasekharan, was hacked to death by assailants at nearby Vadakara on May 4.
The Special Investigating Team probing the case had nabbed seven person in connection with the murder and charge sheet was submitted in a local court last month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY