Probe the `unseen forces` behind `Love Jihad`
Kochi: LDF Government in Kerala should probe
the `unseen forces` behind `Love Jihad`, where young non-Muslim
girls were allegedly lured into marriage and converted to
Islam, and their source of funding and take stringent action
against them, senior BJP leader O Rajagopal said on Saturday.
``There are reports that activists of `Love Jihad` are
getting foreign funds. This needs to be investigated,``
Rajagopal, a former Union Minister, told a meet-the-press
programme organised by the Ernakulam Press Club here.
Though both Kerala and Karnataka High courts have issued
certain directions to police and state government on the
matter, for both CPI(M)-led LDF and UDF spearheaded by
Congress, this was not an issue at all as they were keeping
silent, he said.
Asked if Varun Gandhi was a `liability` to BJP due to which
he was kept away from the campaign trail in the just concluded
elections in Maharastra and Haryana, he said Gandhi was not a
liability and had been elected from Uttar Pradesh `in
difficult times` with a huge margin of votes.
In Kannur, where assembly bypoll is due on November 7,
CPI(M) had indulged in `scientific rigging` of electoral
rolls,he charged.`To ensure transparent election in Kannur, a
transparent electoral roll is necessary,` he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India