Propaganda CD suspected to be that of al Qaeda seized
Kochi: A propaganda Compact Disc, suspected to be that of terror outfit al Qaeda, has been seized in continuing raids on activists of Popular Front of India, police said.
The CD, containing brutal scenes of torture and executions, was seized two days ago from the car of a PFI activist, Kunjumon, top police officials said.
Some other documents and CDs were also seized and a case has been registered under Unlawful Activities Prevention Act against Kunjumon, who is absconding.
Police viewed the CD yesterday when it came to light that it could be a propaganda CD of al Qaeda.
Police has been conducting searches and raids on residences of PFI activists following the attack on Prof TJ Joseph, a private college lecturer at Muvattupuzha, when his
right hand was chopped off on Sunday last.
Police suspect that Kunjumon`s car could have been used to transport the assailants who escaped in another van after the attack. Kunjumon was also an accused in the murder of RSS activist Kaladharan.
Last night a rifle, fake identity cards, SIM cards were seized by police from the residence of another PFI activist, Ayub. A case has been registered against him.
Meanwhile, police has also sent out lookout notices against three accused in the attack case.
In Kochi, police took into custody a youth who tried to gain entry into the hospital room where Joseph was admitted to after surgery. Police are verifying his antecedents.
Joseph, head of the department of Malayalam at a private Christian college at Muvattapuzha in the district, had been attacked allegedly by activists belonging to the Muslim fundamentalist outfit PFI while he was returning after Sunday mass.
His right hand was chopped off for allegedly preparing a question paper with derogatory references to Prophet Mohammed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Preity Zinta missed crew of 'ABCD 2' on 'Nach Baliye 7'
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues