Propaganda CD suspected to be that of al Qaeda seized
Kochi: A propaganda Compact Disc, suspected to be that of terror outfit al Qaeda, has been seized in continuing raids on activists of Popular Front of India, police said.
The CD, containing brutal scenes of torture and executions, was seized two days ago from the car of a PFI activist, Kunjumon, top police officials said.
Some other documents and CDs were also seized and a case has been registered under Unlawful Activities Prevention Act against Kunjumon, who is absconding.
Police viewed the CD yesterday when it came to light that it could be a propaganda CD of al Qaeda.
Police has been conducting searches and raids on residences of PFI activists following the attack on Prof TJ Joseph, a private college lecturer at Muvattupuzha, when his
right hand was chopped off on Sunday last.
Police suspect that Kunjumon`s car could have been used to transport the assailants who escaped in another van after the attack. Kunjumon was also an accused in the murder of RSS activist Kaladharan.
Last night a rifle, fake identity cards, SIM cards were seized by police from the residence of another PFI activist, Ayub. A case has been registered against him.
Meanwhile, police has also sent out lookout notices against three accused in the attack case.
In Kochi, police took into custody a youth who tried to gain entry into the hospital room where Joseph was admitted to after surgery. Police are verifying his antecedents.
Joseph, head of the department of Malayalam at a private Christian college at Muvattapuzha in the district, had been attacked allegedly by activists belonging to the Muslim fundamentalist outfit PFI while he was returning after Sunday mass.
His right hand was chopped off for allegedly preparing a question paper with derogatory references to Prophet Mohammed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?