Proposals submitted by Medical Management to govt
Kochi: Kerala Self Financing Medical
College Managements Association on Saturday submitted two proposals
to the government on admissions to MBBS courses in private
colleges and warned of starting admissions by July 1 in case
of no response by this month end.
"If the government fails to respond to our proposals by
June 30, the association will start its admission process for
all seats by July 1," Association`s President Fazal Gaffoor
and Secretary Sajan Prasad told reporters here after a
The association also decided to fix the fees at Rs 3.5
lakh per student for a year.
The proposals demand implementation of a Karnataka model
of admission and to fix same fees for all students.
Alleging that the stand of Inter Church Council (ICC) on
the self financing issue was `deplorable`, they said the
government had implemented a different set of rules for ICC
run colleges. The government should treat all managements
alike, they said.
As per a government decision, private managements have to
set apart 50 per cent of seats for students in government
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'