Protest against Kumar Vishwas for his `kaali peeli` nurses remark
Zee Media Bureau/Himanshu Kapoor
New Delhi: After Aam Aap Party leader Kumar Vishwas` comment on Malayali nurses, whom he addressed as `kaali peeli` sisters at a function in 2008, people joined by nurses protested outside the Kerala Bhawan in Delhi.
According to reports, the protesters demanded Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal to take action against Vishwas. There were also demands that Vishwas should not be allowed to contest the upcoming Lok Sabha polls due in May.
Meanwhile, the United Nurses Association has also threatened to serve a legal notice to Kumar Vishwas. The nurses association is demanding that the sexist remark should be withdrawn with immediate apology from AAP leader Vishwas.
Earlier today, the AAP leader was forced to apologise for his controversial remark after the severe criticism. Vishwas issued a statement to the party`s Kerala unit saying that he had never tried to `intentionally hurt the sentiments of anyone`.
A YouTube video of Vishwas` stage show held in 2008 had surfaced showing him mocking the nurses from Kerala. In the video he can be heard saying, “Pehle jab aadmi bimar padhta tha bechara purush to jata tha haspatal mein toh tassali rakhta tha. Pehle narsein jo thee Keral se aati thi, kaali peeli si. Toh moonh se `sister` nikalta tha. Andar se aavaz nikalti thi ki `Allah, sister hi ho!` Bahut saari ladkiyan profile pe photo lagati hi nahi, ki pata nahin kya ho jaye. Ab aaj kal to nurse bhi north India ki aane lagi, ekdum bilkul shandar.”
Angered by Vishwas` sexist remark made nearly six years ago, people ransacked AAP party`s Kochi office. Earlier this month, another video of Kumar Vishwas had gone viral showing him making objectionable comments about Islam and Muharram procession which angered the Muslims.
People opposed Vishwas` cavalcade by pelting stones, throwing ink and waving black flags during his first rally in Amethi for the General Elections.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read