Punish those responsible for demolition of Masjid: Kerala CM
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala Chief Minister V S Achuthanandan on Wednesday asked the Centre to "show courage" to ensure exemplary punishment to those responsible for the Babri masjid demolition in the wake of Liberhan Commission findings and said Congress should also admit its mistake on the issue.
"The responsibility of the Centre is not over by presenting the report of the M S Liberhan Commission in the Parliament," Achuthanandan told reporters, adding that it should also "show courage" to ensure exemplary punishment to those responsible for the masjid demolition.
Congress was in power at the time and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh was the finance minister then in the P V Narasimha Rao government, he said, adding that Congress leadership should admit their mistake to the nation.
He accused the then Congress government of not doing anything to prevent the demolition of the masjid even though the Central intelligence had informed the Centre on the "happenings (prior to it)".
The Centre should take all steps to prevent the recurrence of such incidents, the CPI(M) veteran said.
Accusing the Sangh Parivar of destroying "India`s heart" and triggering communal passion and Hindu-Muslim tension by demolishing the mosque, he said the spiritual and political leadership were equally answerable for the incident.
The Commission had mentioned the "role" of former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee, senior BJP leader L K Advani and other party leaders, he added.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families? - Part II
- DNA: Who are the sponsors and co-sponsors of terrorism in India?
- DNA: Who are the sponsors and co-sponsors of terrorism in India? Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the mystery of missing IAF aircraft AN-32
- Not everything they taught you in science was true - 10 myths debunked in this 3-min VIDEO!
- Home Minister level talks: India, Bangladesh resolve to fight terrorism together
- Ukraine at UN says Putin's Crimea decree 'null and void'
- Evening showers bring Gurugram to a grinding halt
- J&K govt to provide support for smooth functioning of schools