Rahul Gandhi urges youngsters, women in Kerala to work with Congress
Kochi: Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi on Monday urged the youngsters and women in Kerala to work with the Congress Party and play a major role in the existing political system.
Gandhi, who took part in ` Yuva Kerala Yatra` organised by the Youth Congress, asked the Kerala government to look into the issue of employment for youth, and aggressively work towards developing as many young entrepreneurs as possible.
"We are trying to promote youngsters into politics as possible, and it was an excellent padh yatra. One of the things I have asked (state Home Minister) Ramesh Chennithala to look into and the government to look into is the issue of jobs, and to try and develop as many young entrepreneurs as possible," he told media here today.
"I think it is also very important in a state like Kerala and the rest of the country, that women come into politics, and they play a big role in the political system. I would like to invite all the youngsters and women in Kerala to come forward, work with the Congress party, and to change the way politics works," he added.
The "Yuva Kerala Yatra" campaign was led by State Youth Congress President Dean Kuriakose, highlighting the themes of secularism and non-violent society.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark