Rail services on Ernakulam-Shornur sector partially restored
Kochi: Rail service between Ernakulam and Shornur, disrupted yesterday following a landslip, was partially restored today, but at least seven trains between the two cities were cancelled Saturday morning.
The Ernakulam-Kannur Intercity express (both ways) was also among the trains cancelled.
The landslip had occurred between Angamally and Karukkutty stations yesterday evening after earth caved in during construction of a road under bridge without disruption in rail traffic.
After nearly 18 hours of work, the track was stregthened and traffic was limited to single line, railway sources said.
Some trains are also running late.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH