Rajagopal for countermanding Kannur assembly bypoll
Kannur: Amid allegations of tampered voters list by misusing official machinery, BJP leader O Rajagopal on Sunday sought countermanding of the November 7 bypolls to the Kannur assembly to ensure free and fair elections.
"There is nothing wrong in countermanding the November 7
bypolls to the Kannur assembly where there has been complaints
of preparing doctored voters list by misusing official
machinery," Rajagopal told a Meet-the-Press programme here.
The complaints of "massive" enrollment of new voters is a strange phenomenon and the authorities should ensure that
the fresh voters list was free from any anomalies, he said.
The UDF nominee A P Abdulla Kutty, who joined Congress earlier this year after he was expelled from the CPI-M for
praising Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as role model
for development, should clarify whether he stuck to his
opinion, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- 2nd T20I: India vs South Africa - Preview