Rajagopal for countermanding Kannur assembly bypoll
Kannur: Amid allegations of tampered voters list by misusing official machinery, BJP leader O Rajagopal on Sunday sought countermanding of the November 7 bypolls to the Kannur assembly to ensure free and fair elections.
"There is nothing wrong in countermanding the November 7
bypolls to the Kannur assembly where there has been complaints
of preparing doctored voters list by misusing official
machinery," Rajagopal told a Meet-the-Press programme here.
The complaints of "massive" enrollment of new voters is a strange phenomenon and the authorities should ensure that
the fresh voters list was free from any anomalies, he said.
The UDF nominee A P Abdulla Kutty, who joined Congress earlier this year after he was expelled from the CPI-M for
praising Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as role model
for development, should clarify whether he stuck to his
opinion, he said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!