Rajagopal for countermanding Kannur assembly bypoll
Kannur: Amid allegations of tampered voters list by misusing official machinery, BJP leader O Rajagopal on Sunday sought countermanding of the November 7 bypolls to the Kannur assembly to ensure free and fair elections.
"There is nothing wrong in countermanding the November 7
bypolls to the Kannur assembly where there has been complaints
of preparing doctored voters list by misusing official
machinery," Rajagopal told a Meet-the-Press programme here.
The complaints of "massive" enrollment of new voters is a strange phenomenon and the authorities should ensure that
the fresh voters list was free from any anomalies, he said.
The UDF nominee A P Abdulla Kutty, who joined Congress earlier this year after he was expelled from the CPI-M for
praising Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as role model
for development, should clarify whether he stuck to his
opinion, he said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan