Rajagopal for countermanding Kannur assembly bypoll
Kannur: Amid allegations of tampered voters list by misusing official machinery, BJP leader O Rajagopal on Sunday sought countermanding of the November 7 bypolls to the Kannur assembly to ensure free and fair elections.
"There is nothing wrong in countermanding the November 7
bypolls to the Kannur assembly where there has been complaints
of preparing doctored voters list by misusing official
machinery," Rajagopal told a Meet-the-Press programme here.
The complaints of "massive" enrollment of new voters is a strange phenomenon and the authorities should ensure that
the fresh voters list was free from any anomalies, he said.
The UDF nominee A P Abdulla Kutty, who joined Congress earlier this year after he was expelled from the CPI-M for
praising Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as role model
for development, should clarify whether he stuck to his
opinion, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing