Ramadan to begin in Kerala Wednesday
Thiruvananthapuram: Muslim clerics and leaders in Kerala announced that the holy month of Ramadan would begin here from Wednesday.
The Indian Union Muslim League`s supreme leader Pannakad Hyder Ali Shihab Thangal and other religious leaders made this announcement after the sighting of the moon in Wayanad late Tuesday evening.
Muslims in Kerala constitute roughly 24 per cent of the 3.20 crore population.
Ramadan takes place during the ninth month of the Islamic calendar. It is the month of fasting, in which Muslims don`t eat or drink anything from dawn until sunset.
The month lasts 29 or 30 days and culminates with the Eid ul-Fitr.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test